Rabies

I gave her a greenie and she's munching on that which is a good thing because befor she wouldn't even touch one of those. she stopped slobbering all over.

now she's sleeping again.....maybe she's just not feeling well......i am so confused wth her behavior cuz she had the c=vaccine but she has alot of symptoms of rabies. she hasn't even touched her water all day.

I'm not a vet or a doctor but used to work at a humane society. We quarantined a dog or cat that had bitten or scratched a human for 10 days. If the animal was alive after 10 days it was assumed that the animal was not rabid. The dog or cat was quarantined if it had no known rabies vaccination either because the animal was a stray or the owner had failed to provide vaccination. Has your dog been vaccinated? Has she bitten in the past? There is obviously something wrong with her. If your father seeks medical help the bite will be reported to animal control and/or the health dept. Wild animals that bit or scratched a human or domestic animal were euthanized and the head was sent to the state for testing of brain tissue to search for the virus. Some wild animals can carry rabies and not die from the disease as quickly as dogs or cats. The reason for a 10 day quarantine is that once the virus reaches the brain the dog or cat will exhibit strange behavior - sometimes biting - and will die within 10 days. Rabies is fatal - I think 2 people have survived the disease. If your dog is rabid everyone in contact with her will have to be given rabies vaccine. The innoculation protocol is not as difficult as previously but this is a serious matter. I would call your county health dept immediately.

yah she's a golden but her jowls aren't that big and she ussually only slobbers when she's hungry but won't eat her food or drink her water i just let her outside cuz she was whining and now she just keeps wondering around staring up at the sky like somethings gonna fall on her head.

Quote:
She sounds like she is just not feeling well... If she is starting to bite and act shy..she is probably in pain or feeling very sick. OR..she has been treated wrongly by someone and is starting to get mean because of it...
hu.gif

she is stalking a squirell now lol maybe she is still acting all tired and mopy and a little agressive if i try to touch her food even though she isn't eating it. and she did have the vaccine. maybe shes just being a grumpy butt

we got her when she was only 8 weeks old so idk how she would have been treated badly. we got her from a very nice breeder too and she has real akc papers

Um.. I don't wanna step on any toes or anything, and I truly don't mean this to be offensive....

But aren't you the same person who posted about their irrational worries over the end of the world, having a disposition tending toward pretty severe anxiety, etc...?

Back
Top Bottom