Raccoon Attack

Our Little Red is back in the coop with her sister Moonie! She survived the raccoon and has healed up nicely! I am so grateful that she healed up and we were able to get her back in her normal routine. It happened over the course of three days, each day we brought her out to the coop (after we let the other hen out for the day) they talked mean to each other and puffed their chests less each day. On the third day she bolted out before I could lock her in and she became the top of the pecking order again! We had three hens, but Nuggies died of old age on the same day we started bringing little Red back out. Nuggies had passed away peacefully in her sleep the night before. Nuggies was about 9 yrs old a black silkie and had not laid an egg in almost two years. ❤️

Our Little Red is back in the coop with her sister Moonie! She survived the raccoon and has healed up nicely! I am so grateful that she healed up and we were able to get her back in her normal routine. It happened over the course of three days, each day we brought her out to the coop (after we let the other hen out for the day) they talked mean to each other and puffed their chests less each day. On the third day she bolted out before I could lock her in and she became the top of the pecking order again! We had three hens, but Nuggies died of old age on the same day we started bringing little Red back out. Nuggies had passed away peacefully in her sleep the night before. Nuggies was about 9 yrs old a black silkie and had not laid an egg in almost two years. ❤️
Oh goodness I am sorry about Nuggies. They deserve the world; she will rest easy in the big coop in the sky until you meet again. Very happy to hear your head gen is back in shape and able to get her role back. Good job healing her.

Oh goodness I am sorry about Nuggies. They deserve the world; she will rest easy in the big coop in the sky until you meet again. Very happy to hear your head gen is back in shape and able to get her role back. Good job healing her.
Thank you ❤️ LittleRed has fully recovered and is laying eggs again as of two days ago! Its amazing! It makes me feel so great when my hens are laying because it means everything is in balance for them!

Back
Top Bottom