Raccoon dangerous to Geese?

If the ducks are adults and they are from the same place they may end up picking on her if that happens just separate for a few days where they can all still see each other but can’t pick on each other . Usually doesn’t take long .

Well I turned down the ducks. I have a gentleman selling me a pair of African geese picking them up tomorrow. Now picking up a chainlink kennel a new pin and electrical fence

I really think that is a better move. Just go about it in the same way give them time to get to know each other where no one can get picked on. It won't take long to get them together. Be sure to post pics when you can.

Everyone is settled in Delilah is eating again but she is also nipping at the new female not sure what is going on there but only when they are near the pool. Few more days of adjusting but meet Ace&Reese

Attachments

• 20180916_134613.jpg
    20180916_134613.jpg
    959.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 20180916_134514.jpg
    20180916_134514.jpg
    1,000.1 KB · Views: 25
Nips are just her way of saying hey I was here first. Hopefully soon they will be best buds beautiful geese. If that’s their night time enclosure too I’d sure make that tarp secure so nothing can get under it and get in. Best thing to do is cover in hard ware. Cloth and secure all the way around and put at least 2-3 foot of hardware cloth from ground up so nothing can stick their arms through and grab s goose around the neck and try to pull it through the fence. Hardware cloth is really the only protection from predators.

We plan to put chicken wire across the top to secure under the tarp amd the electrical fence will be secured around all borders to keep anything short enough and will be placing chicken wire around the bottom to keep handsy predators out. Im hoping this all works out

Back
Top Bottom