Raccoon in duck coop

Pics

Morgan282

Chirping
May 27, 2018
kind of a bit of an emergency, I went to put my ducks inside about an hour and a half ago. A raccoon had somehow gotten in their coop. A friend and I have been trying to get him out since then and he just curls up in a ball and starts there. We've left the door open and left it alone, we've hit the sides of the coop, I've hit him with a broom, I've put food outside the door. I've put food in a cage in the doorway. I cannot get him out. It's too cold to leave my ducks outside. I don't have a gun. I don't know what to do.

The coop is also too small for me to stand in and shoo him out.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    455.1 KB · Views: 36
kind of a bit of an emergency, I went to put my ducks inside about an hour and a half ago. A raccoon had somehow gotten in their coop. A friend and I have been trying to get him out since then and he just curls up in a ball and starts there. We've left the door open and left it alone, we've hit the sides of the coop, I've hit him with a broom, I've put food outside the door. I've put food in a cage in the doorway. I cannot get him out. It's too cold to leave my ducks outside. I don't have a gun. I don't know what to do.
Do you have a fishing net? You could try to use a net like animal control would and just contain it until you're far away enough to release it. Tricky situation. Where are you located?

Do you have a fishing net? You could try to use a net like animal control would and just contain it until you're far away enough to release it. Tricky situation. Where are you located?
Umm, I may. I could try that if so. I'm in Michigan.

Okay so here's a list of things that scare raccoons out of their hiding places. 1.) Loud noises (portable radio, bluetooth speaker?) leave it in the shed. 2.) Lights, turn on as many as possible. 3.) Bad smell, specifically apple cider vinegar. Hopefully something helps.

Okay so here's a list of things that scare raccoons out of their hiding places. 1.) Loud noises (portable radio, bluetooth speaker?) leave it in the shed. 2.) Lights, turn on as many as possible. 3.) Bad smell, specifically apple cider vinegar. Hopefully something helps.
Got all 3, waiting for my speaker to charge and I'm gonna try to blast really loud obnoxious music, spray him with vinegar, and put my floodlights on him. Crossing my fingers!

Back
Top Bottom