Raccoon problem... HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS HORRIBLE CREATURE.

yes they work we have coon hunting dogs and I use this to catch coons in traps to train dogs with just be sure you put them on the food tray because sometimes they think they are smart and will reach there hand through the cage and steal your bait......Lol

Just wanted to warn everyone to be very cautious of coons, my mom got attacked by one several years ago. She was just walking out to get the newspaper and a coon ran out from under the car and wrapped itself around her leg, biting and scratching. She finally managed to beat it off and ran in the house and woke up my dad, who found the coon inside the still-open garage. He managed to get the garage door shut and called animal control. They sent the coon (his head anyway) for rabies testing but in the meantime she had to begin rabies shots. Turns out the coon wasn't rabid but did have distemper, which animal control said was very common in the coon population.

What state are you in? its illegal to transport any wildlife in some states, and are you in city limits?

I got a live trap from home depot for $46 Number 1089. It has held up. Some have had luck with the TSC traps for $35. I put in apples and carrots. Caught all sorts.

Secure the coop and get a trap.

You may be able to rent one, see if they are at the rental places near you.
That way you will try it out, to learn what you are getting yourself into.
The raccoons by me love candy bars, and cat food.
Good luck with this!

I rented a cage from AC for a $50 deposit back when I was catching stray cats.They took the cat and the cage. Easier to buy one.Some places will take your coons for free.Most will let is go at the property line(what is the point of trapping). Animal trappers will charge $50 to $100 to take a coon off your hands(atleast here).

The boys around here use a lot of candy to catch them too. Raccoons love sweet stuff. My hubby uses grape koolaid powder and they LOVE it. I can't imagine not having a gun to shoot something. You have my sympathies.
sad.png

Quote:
Really? Just kill the thing quickly with as little pain as possible. Purposely injuring an animal is wierd. On the lighter side, its like being alittle bit pregnant!
If it gets hungry it will be back. It won't think..gosh I got hurt the last time I was hear.

Back
Top Bottom