Raccoon repelllants

I agree with DinosRbirds. Shoot or trap and kill.

Or (I hope I don't disgust anyone) have someone (Man or boys) pee around the coop. I haven't tried it myself but hear that it is just about foolproof.

Quote:
Yep, that's what I use!
big_smile.png

Quote:
suburban myth I have won a bet by not using any bait and catching a possum just by peeing on the trap, I have used fox urine to "bait" a rabbit box with salt block will work in a rabbit box as well

The only repellant that I've seen work besides firepower is electric fence! Once he hits a good hot fence, the coon with his new Phylis Diller hairdo, complete with bottle brush tail, tend to touch back to earth about a couple counties away and stay there

And it's fun to see
smack.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
ya.gif

I have had my husband pee around the coop but it has only been a day so his contribution has been small so far. i am not sure yet if the raccoons have been near the coop but i know they have been around the yard.

i was thinking of trying ammonia but i was concerned aboit the chickens sensitivity to it. around the outside of the coop not.where they would have contact.

anyone ever try a solar electric fence? We are off grid with a small system so every thing that can run seperate needs to.

LOL, urine only works if the target believes you are a predator .....coon is more likely to roll in human urine before eating the head off your chicken!

Bottle of Coyote urine might help a little, ofcourse if yotes are in your area they will be right behind the coon for a chicken dinner.

btw, wife saw a yote cross our road today with a kitty cat in its mouth. Time to break out the calls and get some yotes down!

Electric fence is the only true way to stop those filthy , putrid creatures-In my opinion anyways.
with as much persistence as they have, plus they have thumbs - I doubt you will find a better solution
the E fence is cheap to run- for me i noticed maybe a $5 difference running it 24 hours a day- in your situation it would be on during the night so much cheaper , affordable to buy if you go to an auction or watch Craigslist- very easy to setup compared to regular fencing-and most of alll extremely effective
lol.png
!!!!
My E fence was the best investment for my animals- i have just a single low lying strand and i think the raccoons can sense it because i have waited patiently all this time and havent been lucky enough to see or hear a predator zapped
smile.png
- i live in the woods with coyotes raccoons bears and everything else that eats chickens , so i had no choice but to beef up security

I dont think guns will help because it would be really hard to sleep outside everynight in camo with a loaded shotgun
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom