Raccoon ripped off hen’s leg (almost) HELP!!!

Amputation is best done by a vet. If there was a lot of blood loss, it may be too late. I believe that sometimes ending suffering is the best when something like this happens.
This. OP, please listen to those people that have an "educator" badge by their name. There is a reason I tagged them as they know what they are talking about. They are grounded in reality and have the best in mind for the chicken

Thank you for everyone’s inputs, prayers, and support. We have culled the chicken.
In the beginning of taking care chicken, I have told myself that “I am only raising them for eggs, and I will have no problem killing them.” It wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be. I did consider bring her to a vet, but there is a limited resource in where I live, and I am not sure if I am financially capable. It was not a light-hearted decision to make, and I am not sure if it is actually the best for her. At least, my parents will get to enjoy some chicken soup (not the raccoon!!!!). I won’t eat them as I am somewhat emotional invested in them. 😭😭😭😭😭

I’m sorry😭😢. It is hard but it was the right thing to do. I would of liked you to amputate but that’s just my heart making the decision not my brain. Again I’m sorry for that😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom