Raccoon visiting to steal feed

@Ninjasquirrel - The Duke dog-proof traps are a little foot hold trap that you stake into the ground, that are too small for a dog to get their paw stuck in (regular foot traps often will catch a dog). They are useful because raccoons are very grabby- they use their paws to reach out for their food. They're relatively inexpensive if you look up a website for "trapping supplies" (highly recommend the folks at Minnesota Trapline). But if you can borrow a bigger live trap, go for it. The one for squirrels/rabbits won't catch a big raccoon!

Let us know how it goes for sure.

EDIT: Link to foot-trap here. Bridger and Duke are great brands. https://www.minntrapprod.com/Dogproof-Traps/products/807/
Ive seen those! I like an all purpose type thing though.

Keep the cat inside for the night, if you can.
We caught our neighbors cat when we tried to trap a coon last year. Patches was fairly cool about sitting in the trap most of the night, and he must have enjoyed the cat food because that tin was licked dry, lol.
The cat only gets out during the day and under supervision. Shes been an inside cat for most of her life. Shes 14 years old

Busted!
20190603_210814.jpg

@Ninjasquirrel :celebrate

BUSTED INDEED! That's a hefty fella.
He was getting fat on that chicken feed! He came at 9 though so I think I might have more than one...especially since we've caught him at 11 and at 4 am. He was within a half hour of me putting the girls to bed. I think he might have gone for them tonight had we not interfered

Back
Top Bottom