Raccoons and ducks

They called her Gimpy, are you kidding me. I call her Tessie.

Cute name!! I had a Tiger Barb (fish) once that I called Gimpy, he was the only fish in the whole school with a name! He had a broken back, swam in a circle for a week- we couldn’t bring ourselves to flush him until he actually died, but he ended up surviving longer than any of our other fish! Learned how to swim his own way, sorta sideways. Should have called him Nemo maybe. Oh well, this has nothing to do with Ducks but I haven’t thought of Ginpy in a long time!!

As for the raccoons, I have no experience with them but I did find this (disappointing) article awhile back when looking into rat deterrent. (Found to just take away ducks food before sunset works)

http://wildliferemovalusa.com/raccoon-repellent.html

I always liked the idea of “natural” and safe repellents- no chemicals or such. An LGD or maybe mirrors/predator sounds/noise/light combination that you mix up so they don’t get used to it.

Good luck!

Sorry wasn't concerned about coons, although we have them. I was wondering if Tessie would be ok, warm enough in that nest in the coop with the others if I put a door on it.. she's so stinky in the house, I put her outside and the others don't bother her now

Back
Top Bottom