Raccoons severely attack Lakeland woman

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by NateinFL, Oct 4, 2009.

1. NateinFL

NateinFL Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Wesley Chapel FL
  2. catfish/okie

catfish/okie Chillin' With My Peeps

A raccoon is in the same family with bears. Glad they are not as big as bears. There is a over abundace of them in OK. and everywhere else it seems. Anybody out there if coons are hanging around you home please dont feed them. Make sure your pets dishes are empty after dusk. It would be a good thing if coon skin hats became as popular as baseball caps!

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Ironically we were woken up last night by one getting into our garbage. I set a trap earlier today.

I really really don't like coons!

4. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

And the scene from "The Great Outdoors" with the coons eating the garbage is so funny~~poor lady! She will never fully recover from this, always be afraid to step out her backdoor after this. The rabies series won't be any fun for her either. I was listening to a guy on TV the other day on a newshow, and he said they actually give injections of the rabies vaccine in the wound(s) itself. I had never heard that before and wondred if he knew what he was talking about?

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Thats horrible!

We had our trap out last night, the sneaky little devils got the egg we used as bait but the trap never sprung ! I don't know how they did it.

6. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I hope she gets better!!!! [​IMG]

7. 1stepcloser

1stepcloser Poultry In Motion

Sep 16, 2009
    Dover, TN
    OMG. They sound rabid. [​IMG]

8. NateinFL

NateinFL Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Wesley Chapel FL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] It took me a week of trapping but I caught these 2 in one trap! Has anyone else ever been this lucky? I think they must have gotten in a tussle inside the cage, causing the door to shut. Until then they had been very good about not stepping on the lever.

9. boxermom

boxermom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Spencer,IA
    Quote:Yes, that is correct. The injections are given as close to the wound as possible.

10. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    I always knew those nasty raccoons had an agenda!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by