Rain! Aggh!

Q9

General Headache
13 Years
Jun 22, 2009
The Sovereign State of NC
SO. MUCH. RAIN. Our entire backyard has been converted into a SWAMP. There is not a single dry place to put our chicken tractor. The place I moved them to is extremely muddy, but the rest of our yard has become filled with puddles, to the point that sometimes I sink almost to my ankle in mud.
barnie.gif

I blame Imp.

I was dealing with that a couple of days ago. I gave up the thought of moving all the tractors around and just started putting staw in thier pens.

Quote:
*Facepalm* Of course. I JUST read about doing that, and totally didn't think to do that. Instead, I go outside, haul the tractor through the quagmire, and still land the birds in a mudhole.
he.gif

Anyone else putting up with this crazyness?

We don't get much rain around here, but when it comes, it comes down hard.

Usually about ten days a year we get these massive rain-and-hail storms that keep you awake all night if you don't muffle your ears
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I pity you. After the first good snow, I was happy. Didn't want any more snow. I hate winter. No green, all brown.
sad.png

Delta - we got a hailstorm a couple of weeks ago. Our brilliant chickens stood OUTSIDE. In the DRIVING RAIN, intense winds, and HAIL!!! Can an animal get any dumber?!

Quote:
I pity you. After the first good snow, I was happy. Didn't want any more snow. I hate winter. No green, all brown.
sad.png

Delta - we got a hailstorm a couple of weeks ago. Our brilliant chickens stood OUTSIDE. In the DRIVING RAIN, intense winds, and HAIL!!! Can an animal get any dumber?!

Oh, our hens are even worse. When it's absolutely pouring with rain, they stand under the shower and look up at the sky innocently, getting soaked to the skin. We try herd them into the coop but they follow us right back out again!

I love the rain--it's a good excuse to put on my bright yellow raincoat, rubber boots & splash through the puddles...all under the guise of going to check the mail. I may be growing old, but I refuse to grow up!
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom