Rain water getting in coop…

anonymous99

Songster
Jun 20, 2021
To save money (that I didn’t have), I used long pieces of tin as the roof and I sealed the holes to keep out water and the glue keeps the water from coming in, but there’s still rain water getting in the coop and there’s puddles of water and mud. Instead of using wood as the walls, I have hard cloth wire. I also have tin on the wire to keep it from getting so windy and cold in the coop. It rained last night and I even took out the ducks’ water and there are two puddles of water next to the entrance. I’ve tried using pine shavings, but it’s not much help. I’m at my wit’s end and I don’t know what to do. I’ve thought about adding some wood to the wire, but I don’t know if that’ll work and I want my ducks to be able to have some sunlight. I could post a picture of my coop later. The door of the coop has wire and piece of tin (not exactly tin, but I don’t know what it’s called) above the wire. Any advice would help. I use wheat straw and I try to put it far away from the water and mud, but the ducks always spread it out close to the water and it gets wet.

Back
Top Bottom