Rainbow layers arrived today!!...any ideas on what weve got here? (image heavy)

sdsmowen

Songster
7 Years
Apr 28, 2012
Greencastle, IN
The Murray McMurray catalog states they are a mix of- White egg layers, Heavy breeds, Araucanas, and rare and unusual varieties.

11. I really want to know what this one is we only have one

Last edited:
Also any idea what the black chicks with black feet are? we have black chicks with yellow feet too! I am so excited to see what these chicks grow up to be.

Is EE- Easter Egg? we are brand new and having fun learning all the shorthand :)
yes ee is easter egger
sl can either be sex link or silver laced
bsl is black sex link
rsl is red sex link
ba is black australorp
jg is Jersey giant

these are some that may come up here...theres also a thread with a lot of these on it

Last edited:
With McMurray Hatchery, I have learned that their "Ameraucanas" and "Araucanas" are simply mutts. Araucanas are rumpless, (what a chicken would look like if its rear end got shot off), and the Ameraucanas lay green and pink eggs. True Ameraucanas lay only blue eggs.

Oh they are all so cute! I miss having little tiny chicks! #11 looks just like one of the EEs McMurray sent us in March. Not sure about the rest, sorry.

You have some of the same chicks I have, got them from McMurray 2 weeks ago, and yesterday...

#4 and the others like it are probably Silver Laced Wyandotte's

#7 appears to be Blue Adalusian, unless the photo is altering the color appearance. Is it a gray chick?

#15 might be a Black Australorp

The red ones I am still confused about... Someone mentioned possibly Red Leghorn...? Just a really uneducated guess though...

Back
Top Bottom