"Rainbow Layers" WITH PICSpurchased from farm store....what did I get?

jjstroz

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 25, 2009
Chillicothe, MO
I grabbed seven rainbow layers in the opening hours of chick days here at our local farm store. All I was thinking was YES! They have EE's!!! Now that I'm home with them I'm wondering...did I get all EE's or did I get an assortment of chicks that will lay colored eggs (brown and white included)???

I have three that are the classic chipmonk colored EE's.
Two are yellow with a pale greyish look maybe lavendar???
One is a bright yellow and the other is the most puzzling of all: it is kind of colored like a barred rock chick with a yellow black spotted beak and legs but has FEATHERS down it's legs!!!

Any ideas?? I'll take pictures if they will help!!

Last edited:
13982_welcome_3.jpg

HOW EXCITING FOR YOU!!!
Yes, please post come pictures. Everyone likes to look at a fuzzie booty

Thanks for the welcome! As you already know, this is the best site! Not sure if I know how to post pictures yet, we'll see.

Everyone:
23724_eebabies1.jpg

One of the lavender looking ones:
23724_eelav1.jpg

Fluffy Yellow:
23724_eefluffyyellow1.jpg

Last but not least....little miss feather foot:
23724_eeblack.jpg

23724_eeblack1.jpg

Hey! Those look exactly like the ones I saw at our Orschlens yersterday! I think the ones w/ spotted heads are Buttercups,featherfoot is likely a black cochin.

usually when they say "rainbow" layers..... it is a littlebit of everything... dark brown eggs, light brown, blue, green, pink, cream white.. any color eggs= any breed... they SHOULD be all hens tho (90%) kinda fun if you dont care about paticulars..

Back
Top Bottom