Raised coops?

Thanks for everyone who replied! I'm in coop-heaven! LOL

I think, out of necessity alone, we may end up converting part of our old, stone garage into the coop and then having the run in our yard or on the side of the garage... or a little of both. We'll have to wait and see... we're still in a big city (for another couple years) and our yard is small, so I might have to wait. Cross your crossables!
big_smile.png

Yes, I have just a small chicken coop and I wanted it raised so it would be easy to clean, and also provides extra outdoor space underneath for the girls to dust bathe and get some shade.

Quote:
My coop is raised AND a walk in!

ABroodofDucklings021.jpg

It is completely raised, but my dad forgot to cut that board in the front so it goes all the way to the ground. We were lucky enough to find a huge table that my uncle wasnt using so its the bottom of the coop. Its about 6.5 ft X 7.5 feet. It works really well, and it keeps out the water! Also, the glass door was replaced. We just used it until we could get a normal one.

My bantam Orp pens are raised....mostly because it is the right heighth for me to care for them a little easier. And because they didn't need any more room. They are kept in trios and the pens measure 2 foot x 2 foot x 8 foot. the box on the backs are 2x2 square. The birds seem to like them, they are out of the mud (when it rains), and predators cannot get to them due to the 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch wire.
100_1944.jpg

100_1942-1.jpg

Nicely done OEG. when I put in some smaller summer coops in the fields they will likely be built similar fashion to yours. My reference was to coops the size of mine 16 x 30 is my smallest at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom