Raising a Runt

Antomongis

Chirping
Jun 11, 2020
Hi everyone!
I haven’t been on here in a while but I have since given my pekins to a farm and fostered 4 of his ducks and nursed them back to health for him.
Now he has given me 2 baby chicks that he hatched 4 days ago. The reason I’m fostering them is so that the runt has a better chance of being healthy.
How should I care for the runt and is there anything special I need to do to take care of her? She is much smaller than the other one who is a male. I will attach a picture of them (runt is on the bottom.
I noticed that she has scans and raw skin around her wings and the other chick has been walking all over her. I am worried she is hurt/going to get hurt. I put some news potin on the wounds that I can see.
Any help you can offer is great and I’d love to get to know some of you!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    549.5 KB · Views: 12
Hi everyone!
I haven’t been on here in a while but I have since given my pekins to a farm and fostered 4 of his ducks and nursed them back to health for him.
Now he has given me 2 baby chicks that he hatched 4 days ago. The reason I’m fostering them is so that the runt has a better chance of being healthy.
How should I care for the runt and is there anything special I need to do to take care of her? She is much smaller than the other one who is a male. I will attach a picture of them (runt is on the bottom.
I noticed that she has scans and raw skin around her wings and the other chick has been walking all over her. I am worried she is hurt/going to get hurt. I put some news potin on the wounds that I can see.
Any help you can offer is great and I’d love to get to know some of you!!
here you can clearly see the size difference

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    541 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom