Raising Baby Chick-Along

Pics
But in my defense, i sold my 2 splash pullets, so I'd like to replace them, and my prettiest blue hen is laying again. I also think my blue frizzle is laying again, and i get lots of inquiries for frizzles, but she has been so broody, i haven't gotten any frizzle chicks for a while!

I'm pretty convinced I can make up just about any excuse to hatch more babies...darn their cute little fluffiness!
I am pretty determined to try your lavender orps this winter, @WVduckchick. Right now I'm afraid any egg shipment would be toast with the crazy heat we are having. Long range forecasts call for temps over 100 all of August!! Agh! The insanity!!

These Lemon EFGs are starting to work their way into my heart - they're so cute! My only complaint about them is that they're still super skiddish. I have yet to win them, even with meal worms! Advice on wooing flighty birds?
20170731_170839_kindlephoto-31395942.jpg
20170731_170901_kindlephoto-31429967.jpg

Yes...I have lost sleep. :hit Are they going to a good home? Will the people love them as much as I do? Do they know how to take care of chickens....(Please call me if you have any questions, lol). If you ever decide you don't want them please call me first and let me have the opportunity to take them back. HA! Talk about a dog chasing it's tail! Hope the nap helps.......
YEP!!! Add to that....can you send me pics from time to time...lol:lau it's hard no to worry about our babies we rehome!!!!!:love

Y'all are definitely on the wrong site and talking to the wrong folks if you want to kick the hatching habit! :lau
That's for sure!!!!!:thumbsup there is ALWAYS a good reason to hatch fluffy babies:oops: and NEVER a strong enough argument not too...LOL!!!! And hey...if you have people wanting babies you hatch..well then you are just supporting your community! Giving broody mommas eggs is contributing to their mental health...shall I go on???? The list is endless:ya nope...cant count on me to talk you put out of hatching:plbb

Y'all are definitely on the wrong site and talking to the wrong folks if you want to kick the hatching habit! :lau

That's for sure!!!!!:thumbsup there is ALWAYS a good reason to hatch fluffy babies:oops: and NEVER a strong enough argument not too...LOL!!!! And hey...if you have people wanting babies you hatch..well then you are just supporting your community! Giving broody mommas eggs is contributing to their mental health...shall I go on???? The list is endless:ya nope...cant count on me to talk you put out of hatching:plbb

So true!! But we do have each other to commiserate, so it still helps to justify in our own minds. :lau

So true!! But we do have each other to commiserate, so it still helps to justify in our own minds. :lau
It's funny, but when I lose sleep over "What the heck are you doing with 100+ chickens out back?!?!" I wake up in the morning and go outside with them and think, "Wow, I love these little flocks of mine!" And, they all have plenty of room, houses to sleep in, lots of food, etc and they seem quite happy. So, why can't my "sleep-losing self" get on board with my "I love these birds" self???

Back
Top Bottom