Raising Baby Chick-Along

First egg from our may babies! The mint one is from our EE we took in around may. The lil brown one is probably from our Buff orph or a sex link. They both popped up to the nest and squawked to tell me it was there all proud. Our fall brooders are here. One small weak lil girl in the batch had a horrible bad time and didnt make it after the first time I cleaned out the brooder. Shouldn't have named it. My younger daughter is acting like a broody mama. Never leaving them alone. She is so gentle and 4 of those chicks leap to her.

Hoop coop a successful build. We are nearly done. Need to tarp the run. And finish some exterier skirting.

Attachments

• 20170922_112326.jpg
    20170922_112326.jpg
    527 KB · Views: 2
  • 20170914_130946.jpg
    20170914_130946.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20170914_122025.jpg
    20170914_122025.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20170915_103517.jpg
    20170915_103517.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 2
First egg from our may babies! The mint one is from our EE we took in around may. The lil brown one is probably from our Buff orph or a sex link. They both popped up to the nest and squawked to tell me it was there all proud. Our fall brooders are here. One small weak lil girl in the batch had a horrible bad time and didnt make it after the first time I cleaned out the brooder. Shouldn't have named it. My younger daughter is acting like a broody mama. Never leaving them alone. She is so gentle and 4 of those chicks leap to her.

Hoop coop a successful build. We are nearly done. Need to tarp the run. And finish some exterier skirting.

Congrats on your eggs!!!! So sorry you lost your little one:hugs babies know who spoil them ;)

So.......i have my 2 indoor girls...bantam Cochins. My girl Fiona has been broody for 2 weeks now and seems to be slowly coming out of it. Have been kicking her out of her nest to eat...drink..poop. dust ECT. So this weekend I decided.. this is it...home all weekend keeping her out of her nest and house for that final push to stop brooding. Well...guess who decided she needs to start laying TODAY! Yep.. her sister :th:barnie so had to open up the nest boxes of course! Took Fiona outside to keep her out of her nest while her sister laid her egg. Tomorrow it's back to work so....:he:th:he:barnie
Hens WIN!!!!! But...i have 2 laying girls now with ADORABLE tiny brown eggs:love

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom