Raising Baby Chick-Along

Happy Saturday from my lap babies and I!!! Chilling on my polka dot PJs :DWhat a GREAT way to start the day:love Fiona in the front...Sydney in the back :) GREAT to have you hanging with us Fee!!!:D
View attachment 1171829

:clap

I have a serama broody i am trying to discourage. Keep taking her eggs, booting her out of the nest box, etc. Trying not to resort to the frozen stuff or the cage. So today its cool and wet out, and i left the lid up on the nest box she is sitting in, hoping the cool air will discourage her. :fl

:clap

I have a serama broody i am trying to discourage. Keep taking her eggs, booting her out of the nest box, etc. Trying not to resort to the frozen stuff or the cage. So today its cool and wet out, and i left the lid up on the nest box she is sitting in, hoping the cool air will discourage her. :fl

Good luck! Hope it works...broodies are stubborn little girls:barnie I just couldn't bring myself to do any of those methods. I figure booting her out of her nest and taking the eggs was mean enough...LOL! And we just made sure she was eating, drinking and giving her nutri drench so she stayed healthy...but lots of work! What we do for our girls:love

Aww!! Love it!! Hope your day is as great as it began!
(eta: this was supposed to be a reply to the darling lap chickens!! )
Thank you!:love got a little yard work done...clearing out all of thst great fall foliage that is now all over the ground:thumbsup having some lunch and chilling with my girls some more...great Saturday :) so far!

Successfully moved the chicks into the big coop tonight. We herded them a tiny bit, then locked up and left them to it. The big girls were on the roost already.
Went back to check on them after full dark and they are on the landing at the top of the ramp at roost level.:woot
First day is always the worst. I used to think 4 days was a pretty good number for chicken amnesia "I have always been in this coop. I know exactly how to put myself to bed at night" - but some birds definitely take longer. I still fight with a little Exchequer pullet. Every.night. For some reason, that girl marches to her own drum and nothing I can do will dissuade her. :he

First day is always the worst. I used to think 4 days was a pretty good number for chicken amnesia "I have always been in this coop. I know exactly how to put myself to bed at night" - but some birds definitely take longer. I still fight with a little Exchequer pullet. Every.night. For some reason, that girl marches to her own drum and nothing I can do will dissuade her. :he
My issue isn't really an issue but has me really confused. My kids apparently like sleep overs. I go out after dark to close everyone up in their shelters, so hard to see who's where. Go out in the morning and kids from shelter 1 are in shelter two and vice versa. Ducks have moved out of their house and into shelter 1. Kids in shelter 3 belong in shelter 1.:confused: And then there are the brats. They sleep with the turkey's. I've been trying to figure out how they get out of their shelter at day break... Finally succeeded. I'm looking at two bourbon's on the roost and right between them I see a white tail sticking up. My brats are sleeping with the turkeys, but always between two or three and all you can see of them is their tail feathers.:eek:

@orrpeople I'm sorry but that's funny:lau

It's not, I know. I have been unbelievably lucky with all my birds. Well, not my EE roo, but all my girls for sure. The first chicks learned to put themselves to bed before they even moved outside. This is the littles first night in this coop. They've been in it during the day, but had a temporary coop at night until I could move them.

I am really wanting to get this coop done so my chickens get more space! 20171028_154744.jpg 20171028_154713.jpg

Back
Top Bottom