Raising Baby Chick-Along

I have to level up one shelf and put a few more tacks in, but scratch post is almost done! 20171029_170751.jpg

It's coming along @CapricornFarm ! And those birdies will be So happy!:thumbsup

Forgot to add..DAY 2 that my Fiona has hopped right out of their house in the morning :celebrate:wee:clap goodbye broodiness!!!!

My Fiona hatched her babies Saturday and Sunday. 4 out of 5. The last egg was laying in the nest box, pipped, but dead. I didn't bother her much because it was really cold and windy over the weekend.
I did move them to a grow out coop tonight at dark. Would have left them, but I'm going to be gone this weekend, and I was worried they wouldn't get back up the ramp this soon. Will get a better pic in the morning, but here's one i got quickly. Disappointed, no splashes!
WP_20171031_16_36_10_Pro_LI.jpg

My Fiona hatched her babies Saturday and Sunday. 4 out of 5. The last egg was laying in the nest box, pipped, but dead. I didn't bother her much because it was really cold and windy over the weekend.
I did move them to a grow out coop tonight at dark. Would have left them, but I'm going to be gone this weekend, and I was worried they wouldn't get back up the ramp this soon. Will get a better pic in the morning, but here's one i got quickly. Disappointed, no splashes!
View attachment 1176260
Congrats!!! They are adorable! Were you expecting splashes or hoping...lol! So after being broody for 7 weeks...my Fiona is now molting :thpoor baby !

Now it's a "wait and see" prospect. Three chicks were vaccinated. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I only had to re-do one. AC chicks are tricky because of their black skin, so I thought I had penetrated skin (it was really yelling like I had), when all I'd gotten was fluff.
They have to be isolated for about 10 days (they're downstairs in the bathroom no one uses) before they can handle exposure to MDV.
20171101_070556_kindlephoto-220330279.jpg

Back
Top Bottom