Raising baby Cygnets

MJanak

Hatching
May 4, 2021
We have 4 Swan eggs that we are currently incubating. Mamma was doing a great job sitting, but the nest was about to get flooded and we made the decision to bring them into the incubator to keep them alive. Thank goodness we did, it was flooded the next morning. We have successfully hatched and raised many different breeds of ducks in the past. I am wondering about the brooder for the baby cygnets. I have not been able to find the information. What does the temp need to be on the light and about how long do they need to stay in the brooder? How long do you normally keep the babies before you sell or release them? Hopefully, they will be hatching in a few days. Thank you for your help.

We did a similar thing, we rescued three black Swann eggs because some horrible person had shot the parents for sport 🤬 we incubated them and little baby Savanna was born yesterday, then her sibling Pan and their brother/sister is half way through its hatch at the moment. All three we had to assist quite a lot for them to be able to survive. Not sure if it was due to inconsistencies during their incubation but so far Savanna is going good, happy healthy and running around. Sadly we had to farewell our beloved Pan yesterday evening 😭😭😭 he was born with a deformity in his neck which twisted his neck backwards and sadly he died in my arms yesterday when he was laying on my chest having snuggle/bonding time. He must of tried to move his neck and somehow injured it. 😭 very horrific experience for me, lots of crying and sobbing but we have two cygnets that need us to show them the world now so gotta make sure they have everything they need to be able to grow up big and strong. There is such a lack of useful information relating to artificial incubation or swans and how to raise cygnets and their brooding and feed requirements! Thankyou so much for that website! I’ve been looking everywhere online since we started incubating these eggs and have found very little useful information so this is a life-saver! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Back
Top Bottom