-Raising Bobwhite Quail-

I will, ive a post ill use from when she began to show interest in grass etc picking it up and throwing it over her back

I had a bad hatch back in July (1 out of 6 eggs hatched) and the one lonely chick ended up bonding with me very easily. Now at 2 months old he is completely tame and has become a "house quail". He follows the dog and me around flying up onto the couch to be cuddled or to the kitchen counter to be near the action. He is a pain when it comes to eating because he will steal the food right off of your plate... we are working on this... Such a sweet bird! On the other hand I have 19 other bobs in a pen with very little interaction, and they are flighty as can be. I hope to win their trust over with treats once I get them into the new pen (that is raised instead of on the ground) that we are building. I think the big factor in taming my house quail was that he didn't learn the flighty behavior from the group. I find that even with the tame quail anything coming at them from above they have a natural instinct to run away from. If possible have a cage that is accessed at the side rather than the top. My quail loves snuggling in my hair!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom