Raising Chickens and Special Needs Kids

Pics
Finally! Just got our first update from Jen. MACE procedure is done. Now they are starting the Mitrofanoff procedure - that one is trickier and it's when we find out if she needs the bladder augmentation. The other bladder test couldn't be done because she erfed up all the stuff they needed her to drink. ATTA GIRL, Kendra! Teehee.

Kids are holding up fine. Daddy is having more difficulty than Mommy. When they went down to the cafeteria he couldn't even swallow. But he finally relaxed a little bit and got enough to eat so his blood sugars wouldn't go all wonky.

Should be another update in an hour or so when they make a decision about the bladder augmentation. Thanks for hanging in there!

Finally! Just got our first update from Jen. MACE procedure is done. Now they are starting the Mitrofanoff procedure - that one is trickier and it's when we find out if she needs the bladder augmentation. The other bladder test couldn't be done because she erfed up all the stuff they needed her to drink. ATTA GIRL, Kendra! Teehee.

Kids are holding up fine. Daddy is having more difficulty than Mommy. When they went down to the cafeteria he couldn't even swallow. But he finally relaxed a little bit and got enough to eat so his blood sugars wouldn't go all wonky.

Should be another update in an hour or so when they make a decision about the bladder augmentation. Thanks for hanging in there!
Prayers for Kendra being said here!!

SHE IS OUT. SHE IS DONE! Everything went better than they anticipated. She didn't need bladder augmentation...the doctor laughed at Jenny when she asked him. He said her bladder was so close to adult size there was no way she needed any additional space. The appendix was large enough to use so she didn't need any medical device implantation for the channel. They actually finished her up over an hour before they thought they would. She's in the recovery room and Kenny and Jenny will get to go in and see her as soon as she starts wiggling around a little bit. The nurse told the kids that Kendra is "waaaaay comfortable" with all the sedation and pain meds on board. When she does open her eyes she acts like she's been on a three day drunk - not that I'd really know what that was like.

I am laughing, I am crying, and I am so grateful to God and to all of you. Kenny promised he'd send me a picture of her in the recovery room, so I'm anxiously waiting for my phone to go off! Ooh, there it is...

Hey, Blooie,
hugs.gif
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom