Raising Chickens and Special Needs Kids

Pics
Just got a call from the kids...the ecstatic, thrilled kids! Kendra's urology check up went great! In fact, she's healing so fast that Dr. Wilcox, her surgeon, called another urology surgeon in to have a look at her and asked him, "Have you ever seen the like?" They are amazed. So tomorrow the kids and Kendra come home. She's scheduled to go back down to Denver for another checkup and to get the catheter tube and bag removed. That will be June 27th. Woo hoo! This morning they decided they were tired of hotel breakfast fare and went out for breakfast. I guess Kendra has decided that this is her new look and she's sticking to it - wears it everywhere! That's okay, she kinda rocks it! Her and that hat. :lau Katie says she's a "cowboy diva". Okay, that works.
That's AWESOME!

Just got a call from the kids...the ecstatic, thrilled kids! Kendra's urology check up went great! In fact, she's healing so fast that Dr. Wilcox, her surgeon, called another urology surgeon in to have a look at her and asked him, "Have you ever seen the like?" They are amazed.

So tomorrow the kids and Kendra come home. She's scheduled to go back down to Denver for another checkup and to get the catheter tube and bag removed. That will be June 27th. Woo hoo! This morning they decided they were tired of hotel breakfast fare and went out for breakfast. I guess Kendra has decided that this is her new look and she's sticking to it - wears it everywhere! That's okay, she kinda rocks it! Her and that hat.
lau.gif
Katie says she's a "cowboy diva". Okay, that works.

Cowboy diva....indeed!!!

Great news on coming home!!

Didn't sleep much at all, in fact. Ever have one of those nights when your brain just won't shut the heck up so you can sleep? Yeah, like that! Just before I went to bed I got a call from Little Diane. (See, I do have other grandkids!
wink.png
) She's in the hospital. On her way to work in Brandon, some 15 year old kid was changing the radio station in his car and nailed her in the rear passenger quarter panel of her Blazer - at 50 mph. Hit her so hard that her door popped open! She took a toolbox to the back of the head but thank God she was wearing her seat belt. They think she'll be fine but they kept her overnight for observation. CT scan looked good, though.

We lost our grandson Austin in a car crash June 23, 2012. Other vehicles on the interstate said he hadn't been speeding or driving at all recklessly. Something in the front assembly of his car let go, and the car flipped hiney over teakettle, never even leaving the pavement. His wife Joy (they'd only been married 9 months) walked away with a broken foot. She had her seat belt on. Austin died - he wasn't wearing his. So we have no problem ever reminding the kids to buckle up. They always do. Little Diane has a harder time making her hubby use his seat belt - she doesn't even think about it. Evan (Austin's little brother) is militant about it - if your hiney touches the seat, clicking that belt better be the first thing you do.

So all night last night my brain was on overdrive, flitting from one thing to another. Got a text from Jenny early this morning and they were already at the state line. Depending on how many stops they have to make for Kendra's comfort, they'll be here by early evening. I'll finally relax some when I get to touch her. With the use of Facetime, I could see and talk to her and what a huge difference that made in our peace of mind being so far away. I'm so excited that this part is over and we are one major step closer to making her life better!!

Back
Top Bottom