Raising Chickens and Special Needs Kids

Pics
Well, she's having her renal and abdominal ultrasound done as I type. They wanted to do it yesterday at 5:30 pm, (yes, on a Sunday) but even leaving at 4 am the kids just couldn't make it in time. I'll keep updating as I can - I also have an ultrasound scheduled for 12:30 today in Billings for my leg stents and the stent in my heart, then my cardio/vascular checkup, so updates might be sporadic.

Prayers are going up for you and Kendra! Let's hope we get our little girl back to normal real soon!

(Blooie, I put your quote on the other forum)

Last edited:
Thanks, Lisa.....I've been so rushed this morning since it took me so long to get a requested post done that I haven't had time to spit! Um, I'm spitting now, though!
hmm.png

And on the "good news Monday" front - Kendra is doing just fine! The indwelling Foley catheter has been removed (permanently, we hope!) and Jenny has been able to get several good caths done using the Mitrofanoff today. Ultrasound showed that everything inside is just perfect (just like our Kendra!) and functioning correctly. Biggest issue seems to be that because it was all so painful when she first came home, she tends to tense way up when it's time to cath. So Jenny just pushed it in until she felt a little "pop" and then kept pushing, and it worked perfectly!! Kendra still hates it, but it ISN'T as painful as she wants us to think it is. Since she can't really communicate, the fussing and crying is her way of saying, "Leave me alone!" and when she does that she tightens everything up. Kids will be home tomorrow! She doesn't have to go back for another checkup for months!! Doctors are very pleased, and happy that just keeping the Foley in as long as they did allowed healing to be completed.
And I had my annual ultrasound and PAD pressures tests on my legs today. No new blockages, pressures are fine (well, not normal for most but for me, looking very good - no change from last year) so I've officially been cut loose! I don't have to go back for any checkups or anything! If I start experiencing more pain and/or claudication, then I go back, but as of now I got a huge "all clear"! I have been going to this cardio/vascular clinic every year, sometimes two and three times a year, since 2007, have had 4 sets of stents put in each leg, and I've been going there long enough to have outlasted 3 doctors! See my taillights, St. V's?

And on the "good news Monday" front - Kendra is doing just fine! The indwelling Foley catheter has been removed (permanently, we hope!) and Jenny has been able to get several good caths done using the Mitrofanoff today. Ultrasound showed that everything inside is just perfect (just like our Kendra!) and functioning correctly. Biggest issue seems to be that because it was all so painful when she first came home, she tends to tense way up when it's time to cath. So Jenny just pushed it in until she felt a little "pop" and then kept pushing, and it worked perfectly!! Kendra still hates it, but it ISN'T as painful as she wants us to think it is. Since she can't really communicate, the fussing and crying is her way of saying, "Leave me alone!" and when she does that she tightens everything up. Kids will be home tomorrow! She doesn't have to go back for another checkup for months!! Doctors are very pleased, and happy that just keeping the Foley in as long as they did allowed healing to be completed.
And I had my annual ultrasound and PAD pressures tests on my legs today. No new blockages, pressures are fine (well, not normal for most but for me, looking very good - no change from last year) so I've officially been cut loose! I don't have to go back for any checkups or anything! If I start experiencing more pain and/or claudication, then I go back, but as of now I got a huge "all clear"! I have been going to this cardio/vascular clinic every year, sometimes two and three times a year, since 2007, have had 4 sets of stents put in each leg, and I've been going there long enough to have outlasted 3 doctors! See my taillights, St. V's?

Oh, GREAT news for the both of you!!! So happy!!

Back
Top Bottom