Raising Geese 101

Actually pure African geese should have a dewlap no matter what.
If one has no dewlap it must have been crossed with a Chinese a few generations back.
African geese should have a dewlap even if it's tiny.
African geese are mostly noticed by their size, knob and dewlap.
Metzers sells Africans and super Africans. The super Africans are the actual African breed while their Africans are just African crossed Chinese geese.
If your goose you think might be African then he must have a dewlap.
Pictures could really help us ;)

Last edited:
I love this. I take in rescues where I am amd i now have 2 brown Chinese goslings and will have 2 more tomorrow along with toulouse goslings. I have never had them so learning along the way. My goslings arent messy though. Im enjoying them and they arent much different than my ducklings. Any suggestions? Little things you have figured out along the way?

Funny how close these two have their nest together
bun.gif

I love this. I take in rescues where I am amd i now have 2 brown Chinese goslings and will have 2 more tomorrow along with toulouse goslings. I have never had them so learning along the way. My goslings arent messy though. Im enjoying them and they arent much different than my ducklings. Any suggestions? Little things you have figured out along the way?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/raising-and-caring-for-goslings Please post some pics of your lil charges we'd love to see them @Shorty3735r

Last edited:
[/URL]

We took them for a walk and then water time for the first time. We will have 4 more tomorrow. I wish people knew what they was getting into before they bought them
Oh my goodness they are adorable.
love.gif
Well thankfully you are there to rescue no telling where the lil ones would end up.

Back
Top Bottom