Raising Geese 101

Thanks guys that is very good advice the only two I recognize instantly is Pirate and the yellow gosling. We are moving them to the Silky pen today I have broody hens that will give them some motherly love until we can move them to their own enclosure.

Thanks guys that is very good advice the only two I recognize instantly is Pirate and the yellow gosling. We are moving them to the Silky pen today I have broody hens that will give them some motherly love until we can move them to their own enclosure.
Are you sure your broody hens will accept them. Chickens can cause serious injury to ducklings and goslings. they have those sharp pointy beaks. Not all chickens are nice to new comers. I would keep a close eye on the arrangement.

Are you sure your broody hens will accept them. Chickens can cause serious injury to ducklings and goslings. they have those sharp pointy beaks. Not all chickens are nice to new comers. I would keep a close eye on the arrangement.

Yes they have done it before and my black hen recently lost her chicks so she is desperate for babies. It will only be for a short while till we can get the pen ready for them. I'm so sad today my one australorp chick did not survive to hatching he/she got as far as internal pipping then gave up
hit.gif

Yes they have done it before and my black hen recently lost her chicks so she is desperate for babies. It will only be for a short while till we can get the pen ready for them. I'm so sad today my one australorp chick did not survive to hatching he/she got as far as internal pipping then gave up
hit.gif

So sorry about the chick.
hugs.gif
Let us know how it goes with the goslings and mama Silkie.

When will the goslings start getting feathers they are almost 4 weeks now and they grew a lot.
They should be starting to feather in real good by 4 weeks can you post some pics of them? and what are you feeding them they need a good diet to get those feathers growing and glowing.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom