Raising Guinea Fowl 101

Pics
I've still not found them. But I haven't found feathers strewn about like anything had been murdered either. But that could mean the bobcat has visited? I finally sorted out who is missing and its a hen and roo. I was hoping she's sitting and he's on guatd but he doesnt come in to rooste :( I'm going to take a walk through what I like to call sticker bush forest later iv noticed my other guineas have been hanging out in that area. Hopefully I find something? And don't get to tore up in the process lol your welcome on the info.

Hello Everyone! I recently adopted a young chick at my local animal shelter. They believed that she/he might be a Guinea Fowl. Can you tell at this age if she is a young Guinea or perhaps simply a chicken? Thank you for any feed back
smile.png

Hello Everyone! I recently adopted a young chick at my local animal shelter. They believed that she/he might be a Guinea Fowl. Can you tell at this age if she is a young Guinea or perhaps simply a chicken? Thank you for any feed back:)
Looks like a chicken to me, but I'm far from an expert. :) Good luck with the new addition! :)

totally a chicken, my guineas looked WAY different at that age, lots of long very skinny neck, and chipmunk stripes on head. Might be an easter egger with those green legs? very cute regardless!

I'm just starting out. I need to buy some keets. I live in the Hamptons and think I would like to start with 12 of them.

If anyone has any for sale in the area, please call me.

917-806-6445

Check out Craigslist. Also if there are any poultry auctions in your area they may have some come in. I had to do a lot of searching before I found any, and even then I decided to just get eggs to hatch in the incubator. Besides being cheaper, it was a lot more fun than just buying them.

Good luck hon...hope you find both of the missing "persons" in good shape.
(And, no sticker bush wounds in the process)
well I'm missing only 1 guinea now. The others just showed up out of nowhere? I was not injured by sticker bushes. But I was attacked by some chicken wire. Its always something with me. Lol oh the guinea I have sitting is spoiled. I take her food and water and sit it by her nest. Normally she will make a little cluck noise and then come out and eat. Today I checked her reached for her food container and was hissed and pecked at same with water and she wouldn't move to eat so I'm thinking I'm going to have babies soon. I'm excited! My incubator eggs done nothing. :(

Oh boy... I know this thread is about guineas but I wanted to tell itsjustme that I bought a baby peacock (yes, it's a boy) today and my second baby turkey.
I think the turkey looks like a girl but if it turns out to be a guy it WILL be Christmas dinner :)
I love the peafowl noises!!

Back
Top Bottom