Raising Meal Worms ???

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by TheSpiceGirls, Jun 2, 2011.

1. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Crowing

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    You all are great with your advice. I really appreciate it.

Now I need to figure out why my Jersey Giant is launching soft shelled eggs off the roosting bar in her sleep. EWW GROSS [​IMG]

2. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Songster

Jul 10, 2010
    Haha, that is funny. I had mine on a shelf in the living room that she did not notice for one month and only saw because I was changing the food while she was there. She demanded that they go in the garage. It is too cool there so I put them in my man cave room.

3. colebarnhart

colebarnhart Songster

Quote:Thanks!!!

4. colebarnhart

colebarnhart Songster

Quote:Hey, I just noticed that your the feeder expert [​IMG] thanks so much for posting the info on the treadel feeder!!!! You were definately my inspiration and mine is almost finished, I need to sand down a little bit to get the arms more freely moving and stain/seal it better. But, I used 3/4" plywood and wish I would've stuck to your instructions better on that and used 1/2", because it is pretty heavy, empty, after I get the feed in, I'll probably have to go into full powerlift squat mode to move it, lol!!!! Anyway, thanks again for all your info!!! You're awesome!!!!!!!!!

5. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Quote:Oh thank you! That was so nice of you to say. Yeah, I could only imagine how heavy it would be fully loaded. Good luck with finishing it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: