Raising Meat Rabbits

Pics
I had 3 of my 4 does that are pregnant kindle today! So excited! :bun just waiting for my final one 2 of them are first time mommies. The 1 did very well and pulled a good amount of fur which is great since the highest will be 30 degrees all week! Hoping my last mommy does good!

Getting two Californian babies soon and just purchased a used hutch (wood/hardware cloth. Any suggestions on what to clean/sterilize it with to kill any nasties on it? Don't know the health of the rabbits it held.

Sterilize with bleach and vinegar, then leave in the sun to dry out and make sure it gets a good airing.

so true .When I go buy a rabbit I watch How the rabbit acts and if the breeder is hesitant to put his hand in the cage you know what your getting one flitzey mean rabbit . When buyers come to get a rabbit from me I show them how friendly mine are and they are astounded by the friendliness of mine I guess they think its normal for rabbits to bite. I am not afraid to stick my hand in my rabbit cages .

We just acquired some meat rabbits. Here is a pic of my big buck. He is HUGE. His ears are not lopped, he is just enjoying the sunshine coming in the porch. Does anyone know what breed he may be? We have a doe about 1/2 the size of him. She has lopped ears. We also have 4 of their offspring. Unsure of their sexes yet. None are have lopped ears. All are brown, except for one that is very black.

A really big rabbit of that color could be a Flemish Giant, or possibly a Giant Chinchilla, or maybe a Flemish mix.
idunno.gif

We just acquired some meat rabbits. Here is a pic of my big buck. He is HUGE. His ears are not lopped, he is just enjoying the sunshine coming in the porch. Does anyone know what breed he may be? We have a doe about 1/2 the size of him. She has lopped ears. We also have 4 of their offspring. Unsure of their sexes yet. None are have lopped ears. All are brown, except for one that is very black.
Have you weighed him? How big is huge? I had someone at a show a few weeks ago call my rabbits huge... lol I didn't even have any seniors with me so the heaviest was likely only 9 lbs. But she said she'd never seen rabbits that big. It's all relative to what you're used to. ;-)

Have you weighed him? How big is huge?
I had someone at a show a few weeks ago call my rabbits huge... lol
I didn't even have any seniors with me so the heaviest was likely only 9 lbs. But she said she'd never seen rabbits that big. It's all relative to what you're used to. ;-)

See my avatar this is stewey he is my huge one he weighs 14.5 lbs. His off spring dresses out to be 9- 10 lbs when I butcher them . this is Flemish cali and Nz mixed .

Back
Top Bottom