Raising my girls since July 2017

nefey5883

In the Brooder
Nov 24, 2017
Hello - Just a brief intro... I am looking forward to all of the expert advice on these forums. We started off with 6 beautiful bantams in July and have loved spending lots of time with them, giving them garden scrapes and mealworm treats. We unfortunately learned a huge lesson after losing our little cochin to a few neighbor hood dogs ( who knew why they were loose!)... they knocked our Omlet fencing over and grabbed her - now I hope to find advice here on expanding our run... the fencing is just not safe.

I'm new as well! Welcome from Iowa! I have some bantams too and they are WONDERFUL! :) unfortunately even more prone to predators! In the summer I use a chicken tractor for the bantams with heavier gauge wire fencing. chicken wire wont cut it and neither will 2X4" welded wire! found out the hard way!! hoping you can glean some great advice!

IMG_0011.JPG

The above picture is my coop when it was new - lol, grass has since been eaten by the girls - they have a run but I want to build something much taller and wider of course so they have more room and so we can go in and be with them more - side note: I have 2 boys ( 12 and 9 ) and they both love the chickens - my younger son has autism and LOVED our little bantam ( sunflower seed )... we have not been able to tell him she is gone yet...

Back
Top Bottom