Raising quail? In florida.

Ok I took every ones suggestions. got a 30% gamebird feed and I put a light in there cage for a few hours 5:45-9. They seemed more active and happy. Can not wait to get eggs. from stella. I hoping students are going to enjou as much as I. One more question at least for the night. How do check humidity in incubator? Now i got to sneak my ten gallon tank out of the garbage my daughter is always throwing stuff away.

Road Trip To Wally World-- Hardware Or Outdoors Depts... Look For Small White Thermometer/hygrometer Electronic Unit. Takes 1 Aa Or Aaa Battery --- Pop A Battery In It Then Pop It In The Bator On Top Of Your Eggs. Take The Lil Glass Thermometer They Gave You With Your Bator And Chuck It In The Garbage. They're About 8 Bucks
smile.png

Quote:
Yes, I have 4 of them, and when I put them side by side, in a draft free room. The temp. reading varies +/- 1.5 deg. F. The humidity range is +/-10%. I would/do use either of them to hatch my eggs. Just keeping things within a range is fine, and the person that says "exactly 99.5 deg. F. and any % humidity" paid more for his/her thermometer/hydrometer than most folks pay for a "Not so bad" incubator.
Know your incubator first of all, then you can stick what ever thermometer/hydrometer in it, and kick the tires and light the fires.

Great thanks so much the kids willl love this something to keep them interested between Thanksgiving and Winter break. Got heat lights last night have a ten gallon tank. Will that hold 50 if they all hatch? If not I saw a nice big bucket at big lots I will go get that.

50 In A Ten Galon Tank? Um No.... Go Back To Big Lots And Get The Large 30 Gallon Sterlite Tote Bins... 2 Or 3. I Usually Run About 2 Dozen Chicks In 1 At Any Giver Time... It Can Be Cleaned And Bleached To Disinfect Then Reused

Quote:
And you also gave the greatest tip I have EVER gotten for a brooder lid. Take the plastic top of your large tote or plastic toybox, cut the middle out and zip tie hardware cloth over the opening.

Quote:
And you also gave the greatest tip I have EVER gotten for a brooder lid. Take the plastic top of your large tote or plastic toybox, cut the middle out and zip tie hardware cloth over the opening.

YES THAT WORKS GREAT AND AS LONG AS ITS METAL WIRE YOU CAN SET YOUR HEAT LAMP DIRECTLY OVER THE WIRE... QUITE HANDY.

Do you think all fifty will hatch? If so I think I will have to build another pen. I have 14 in a cage now that is two levels and it is about four feet by two feet and the bottom floor is about 2 ft high and the top floor is about three feet and they seem real comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom