Raising quail? In florida.

Quote:
THERES ALOT OF VARIABLES HERE... ARE THEY SHIPPED EGGS OR YOIURS? HOW OLD WERE THEY WHEB SET? HOW GOOD ARE YOU AT HATCHING QUAIL, ETC...

50% ON SHIPPED EGGS IS CONSIDERED A GOOD HATCH

EGGS ARE MOST FERTILE BETWEEN 3 AND 7-8 DAYS OLD AND FERTILITY TAKES A NOSE DIVE AFTER DAY10.

IF YOUR VERY GOOD AT HATCHING QUAIL AND HAVE GOOD EQUIPMENT ITS NOT UNCOMMON TO GWT 100% OR VERY NEAR, BUT AS STATED THERE'S ALOT OF VARIABLES
smile.png

bought them from stellargame and they are waiting till after thanksgiving to gather and mail. I hope I will be ok and incubating i have five of my own that should hatch in two to three days. It is one of those styrofoam ones with the turner I know I need to go get that other thermometer you recommended for humidity and all.

Quote:
WELL NOW "THEM STYROFOAM ONES WITH A TURNER" COVERS ALOT OF COUNTRY HERE... STILL AIR VS FORCED, LG VS HOVA, ETC...

EVEN THO ALEX IS NOT SHIPPING YOUR EGGS TIL AFTER THANKSGIVING IT WILL STILL BE HOLIDAY SEASON SO LETS NOT RULE OUT LATE DELIVERY OR THA AMERICAN TOURISTER GOERILLA IN A US MAIL SUIT PLAYING WITH YOUR BOX
smile.png

had to go find box it is called little giant still air incubator. I hope they hatch. If not I will have to go buy some babies and sneak in the incubator so students won't be disappointed.

I was searching all night last night how do i found out if i need a license where I am at to have quail or if it is for my own use is it necessary?

IF you are in FL and planning to breed the Coturnix, you will need a licence. If you are just having them as your pets/your own eggs/meat...then you don't need a license. That's what I was told by my agent.

Quote:
FLORIDA DEPENDING ON SPECES--- MANY WATERFOWL ARE AUTOMATIC QUALIFIERS

ANY GAME BIRD SPECES OR COMBINATION OF UP TO 50 TOTAL = NO LICENCE NEEDED, 51 AND UP = LICENSURE NEEDED. BY GAMEBIRD FL CALLS ANY AND ALL SPECES OF QUAIL, PHEASANT, PARTRIDGE GAMEBIRDS

MALLARDS- ANY TYPE, ANY "MIGRATORY" WATERFOWL SUCH AS TEAL ANY SPECES, WOOD DUCKS, GADWALLS. PIN TAILS, GEESE, SCOTERS, MERGANSERS + ANY SPECES OF GROUSE AND MANY EXOTICS (TOO MANY TO LIST HERE) ARE AUTOMATIC LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS AS WELL AS FEDERAL LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS IN ADDITION TO STATE

LICENSURE/ PERMITTING CAN BE A VERY COMPLICATED AND TRICKY THING. BOTTOM LINE- CALL YOUR REGIONAL GAME WARDENS OFFICE DIRECTLY AND ASK THEM =THEY WILL BE THE ONES ISSUEING YOUR CITATION OR TAKING YOU INTO CUSTODY

That is what i was hoping to avoid and I am in Florida and the website is not user friendly I will call tomorrow. The quail are for me.

Back
Top Bottom