Raising smart boys

Fallopian Tubes!
th.gif
I almost fell out of my chair!
lau.gif
Thanks I really needed that laugh. Micah

I always used the farm animals to explain to my children about life! It is always a conversation starter...

I never remember asking, I don't remember ever NOT knowing what those silly chickens/ducks were doing. I obviously got told before it was a big deal, and I'm happy about that, since I never needed "the talk" when I was older and it would have been awkward.

Since chickens don't have the same reproductive organs as humans it would be easy to tell them what they were actually doing. The concept of fertilization isn't too difficult to tell a child.

Last edited:
I remember being told by my sister that they were "fighting" and feeling very outraged that the hens were getting the worst of the deal!

Soooooo much better to explain that they are mating and trying to make more baby chickens. Not nearly so heart-rending as thinking those hens are getting beat up every day by the nasty, mean roo!
wink.png

My boys were curious at an early age, so I got out my anatomy books and explained in detail about the fertilization process. No more questions! Like magic!
smile.png

I told me kids the correct answers to their questions, but I only told them enough to satisify their curiosity. I never hide any thing, it is better for a parent to have a good relationship with their child and be able to talk about such things, than for that child to be told the wrong information, and get embarrassed, or become a parent at a early age. I am just not ready to become a grandparent at my age (yet).

Last night my youngest son (3) got out of the shower as my wife was getting ready for bed. He open the shower door saw her and said, "oohhh mommy, did your teetee fall off. "I was in the bedroom and thought I would die of laughter. Waiting for my wife's reply she said no. He then asked her if she lost it. He came out of the shower looking for it. I was busting a gut!

I know that talk is coming, but I think it is one best left for around the fire at the hunting club so he can ask all the questions he wants. He get embarrassed asking such things around my wife.

Quote:
lau.gif
my son would have asked "Is that a slide Mom?" and he's 10

gig.gif

He does know anatomy of humans for the most part and mating of animals, how it works, etc - however... he doesnt know what a fallopian tube is.. *snickering here*

maybe I'll ask him when he wakes up just for fun

*yes I'm bad*...
tongue2.gif

Back
Top Bottom