3KillerBs

Addict
14 Years
Jul 10, 2009
North Carolina Sandhills
My Coop
My Coop
DH put the ramp on today.

I commented that using a 2"x6" was a bit much but he said that the only other piece of treated wood he had was 1/2" plywood, which he thought would bounce when the chickens walked on it once they were full grown.

So, with the options being massive over-engineering or flimsy-cheap we stayed true to our family traits and I now have a ramp that could be used by gorillas.

1595629781520.png
1595629796547.png

I also have a ramp on my coop that you can guide a Clydesdale up :D

My kids are doomed to a life of over-building everything.

DH's brother was an engineer for the Atlanta airport and you could have landed a helicopter on his back deck. His dad built things the same way.

My own father figured that anything build to last less than 50 years was a temporary make-do and probably a waste of time and material.

Nice, but probably just coulda used a couple of those blocks for a step.

DH was complaining that I'm using too many of his blocks for my chickens already.

Then I told him I wanted to put a pallet up on blocks in the middle of the fenced area as a hawk shelter and hangout place. 😆

Thanks for inputs. It looks like I will go for a ramp width 8-10”. How about run size and spacing (for large chickens)?

After seeing your question in your thread I wonder if you meant "rung size" rather than "run size"?

We used random scrap for the cleats. I had pulled out some scrap quarter-round, but DH wanted to screw them down rather than use trim nails (I mentioned "overkill", right? :D ), so we found some scrap furring strips instead.

Back
Top Bottom