Ramp

I used the grip tape tread sticky things and the girls seem to approved of it. I got the little skinny ones. I too have a painted ramp with treads but they still slipped. It's been on for a couple of months and they have almost worn them off. I bought extra so I will definitely be adding and replacing. Does not seem to rough on their feet. No issues so far.

I used a rubber mat like they sell for garages that has a bit of texture to it, and then cut it to size. And then put 1x2's on top.

Attachments

• Ramp with seeds.JPG
    Ramp with seeds.JPG
    711.7 KB · Views: 6
I have a similar ramp and also added the painter's sand (follow instructions) to my paint before using. Main thing I'd suggest is reducing the size of the "tread steps" or "cleats" (what is the correct term?). Make them a much lower profile and chamfer or sand the corners off. Imagine having to walk up a ramp and having to step onto/over a series of obstacles as high as your shin or knee. I use a combination of wood trim scraps, half round bullnose pieces, baseboard trim etc. All sanded very smooth, then glue + nails to attach.

I have a similar ramp and also added the painter's sand (follow instructions) to my paint before using. Main thing I'd suggest is reducing the size of the "tread steps" or "cleats" (what is the correct term?). Make them a much lower profile and chamfer or sand the corners off. Imagine having to walk up a ramp and having to step onto/over a series of obstacles as high as your shin or knee. I use a combination of wood trim scraps, half round bullnose pieces, baseboard trim etc. All sanded very smooth, then glue + nails to attach.
Mine use the cleats to brace against. I did use the rubbery mat so that they would have some grip and not have to rely on the cleats. They are really good at using the ramp now so I haven't noticed if they still use the cleats to stop themselves from sliding downward.

I dont have any cleats on my ramp when I realized they were hard on their feet I just flipped it over I cut a rubber mat to fit the other side of it and used screws to secure it works really good chickens love it

Back
Top Bottom