Ranchie, a dear heart is lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never really said anything to her... makes me wish that I did.
sad.png
hit.gif

I remember several posts and conversations in which we discussed how some folks manage to slam others without feeling it's wrong as long as you qualify it with "bless her heart".

Quote:
Yep, in the South you can say anything you want about someone as long as you qualify it with a "bless her heart".
lol.png

Gritsar got right. Inthe south, "Bless her/his heart" is like the ultimate slam. But you have to use in a very genteel manner so that the person does not realize that she/he has been slammed!

I almost got to meet her, in Sept of 2009 I was on my way down to Fla and was going to stop in NC to visit Scrambled Egg. She suggested I stop in SC too! I almost did, but there was too much stuff going on and we had to get to Amelia Island on a certain day.

At least I got to know her here, but I would rather have had an actual hug from her.

Sometimes as we travel through life we are fortunate enough to meet someone that you are immediately drawn to, and the longer you know them you realize that this is someone you can call "friend". Ranchie was that sort of person for me and from the evidence of all the posts, she was for many others as well.

I would like to thank all of you for your outpouring of condolences and for the memories that many of you have shared. I'm am asking the moderators to close this thread so that I might copy all of the posts and forward them to Ranchie's husband Todd. I think that sometime in the future,when he thinks of her, he might re-read this tribute and find solace in the knowlege that we too thought she was a very special lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom