Ranchie, a dear heart is lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very sad to hear this news. She and I and were in a thread together, can't remember which now, but I do remember her as a very kind woman with wise words. My prayers and condolences to her husband, her family, and all her friends.
hugs.gif

Ranchie touched a lot of our lives throughout the years. She was one heck of a woman. This is a very sad day.

My friends, life is short and very precious. Seize every moment as though it may be you last. I believe this is a message Sally would want to share with us.

I remember the darning sock funny bussiness Opa... a.k.a. Sam.... we had lots of laughs on several long going threads between random and games and they intertwined with each other...you had to read the one to get the jokes in the other and vise versa. It was always a hoot.

Sally called me before to talk and chat with me and like others said, she wanted to know about me and my problems in life and health concerns and that's what I remember...that and her laughter now that I heard it because laughter always seems to be the best medicine for that which ails ya.

She contacted me after I let it be known I had a horrible experiance culling my first weak baby chick...she let me know how to do it and told me Opa was the one who taught her. It wasn't anything I wanted to learn but knew if I were to raise them, there would be times that it would be needed. She was totally empathetic to the horror in which I had just faced and it was a comfort having someone who understood and even more comforting telling me what went wrong and how to fix it so it would go quickly and less miserably. I appreciated her reaching out.

She was always someone I considered, friend, although we spoke less in recent times.

This was one of my daddy's favorite hymn's and was played and sung by his youngest sister at his funeral in 2000...I always think of it now in times like these...

How Great Thou Art

Stanza 1:

O Lord my God,

When I in awesome wonder

Consider all

The works Thy Hand hath made,

I see the stars,

I hear the mighty thunder,

Thy pow'r throughout

The universe displayed;

Stanza 2:

When through the woods

And forest glades I wander

I hear the birds

Sing sweetly in the trees;

When I look down

From lofty mountain grandeur

And hear the brook

And feel the gentle breeze;

Refrain:

Then sings my soul,

My Saviour God, to Thee,

How great Thou art!

How great Thou art!

Then sings my soul,

My Saviour God, to Thee,

How great Thou art!

How great Thou art!

Stanza 3:

When Christ shall come,

With shouts of acclamation,

And take me home,

What joy shall fill my heart!

Then I shall bow

In humble adoration

And there proclaim,

"My God, how great Thou art!"

Refrain:

Then sings my soul,

My Saviour God, to Thee,

How great Thou art!

How great Thou art!

Then sings my soul,

My Saviour God, to Thee,

How great Thou art!

How great Thou art!

Sung here by Martina McBride

Thoughts and prayers for her friends, family, and the BYC community. What a terrible loss...

Rest in Peace, Ranchhand. You will be missed.
hit.gif

So glad she lived a life that touched so many others, and that she knew such joy and shared it. What a wonderful way to live!

This is such a huge shock and even larger loss. I had the great pleasure of meeting Sally in person. She was as delightful in person as she was on BYC. Years ago, we became friends and spent countless hours on the phone. I haven't been here on BYC as much in recent months, but still tried to keep in touch with Sally through Facebook. She was one of the greatest treasures of this place. I am crying my eyes out here. My heart goes out to Todd. I hope he will get through this and find peace in his memories of her. She will be greatly missed.

Ranchie... I am so shocked at your passing.. but may you find peace and happiness in the Great Coop in the Sky... may the Lord keep you as his Right Hand Ranchand on those Great Plains.. and as always you will be giving lots of advice to those Angels now that you are one also...

Rest In Peace Sally..... Gone from BYC but doubt if you will ever be Forgotten.....

Deepest Condolences to Todd, Her Family and Her Friends.. to many to Mention....

Linda & Family xxxx

My sincere condolences to all of you who were close to her.

I don't have any significant stories, but I thought that it was sweet when she said that she would let her older hens retire in peace. I liked that image of happy, loved and peaceful old hens.

I just found out about this a bit ago. My mind is blown. She's given me advise a few times when I needed it and checked up on me when I disappeared. She will indeed be missed very much.
hit.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom