Random Roos

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by FlChickie, Nov 8, 2011.

1. FlChickie

FlChickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    Citrus County, Florida
    I got these 2 roos from a couple that were keeping them for a friend that decided they no longer wanted them. I was told when I went to go get them that it was 2 hens... I guess they were a bit confused and didn't know that hens don't crow. [​IMG]

I think the first one looks a bit like a Mille Fleur D'uccle
    [​IMG]

This one I think is just a mutt because I have no idea. But he is very aggressive with my Bramha roo and has him hiding him the coop all the time and my Muscovy HATES him and attacks him if he gets within 10 ft of her.
    [​IMG]

Any ideas??

2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

They look like mixes. The first one is stunning!

3. littleoak

littleoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2010
    Ashmore IL 61912
    They both look like game roosters and very good looking. There will be no peace in your yard until they are seperated from other roosters. Those two will probably have a falling out too.

4. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    they are gorgeous boys! the first one looks a bit like a speckled sussex but a little off.

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    They're just mixes.

Nothing directly behind them either, because mottling is recessive, and those birds have traits that require more than 1 generation to combine.

6. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    both look like games or that they have game in the mix. Judging by the spur size I'll bet they aren't full game...or else you wouldn't be able to keep them together. first one looks like a spangle muff and the other looks like a grey dom muff.

7. TNChick721

TNChick721 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2011
    Oneida, TN
    [​IMG] [​IMG] They are both handsome.

8. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

The first one does look like he has d'uccle in him. He would be so wonderful for that aloha chicken project some people are working on!

9. johnsons-r-us

johnsons-r-us Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Eudora, Kansas
    Wow, that first one is beautiful! [​IMG] Wouldn't you know, those are the ones that have the attitudes [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by