Random Topics, Random Thoughts, Making Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks
big_smile.png
We went to the state fair today. We got there around 12 PM and one of the lines for the people that have tickets was over a 1/4 mile long. No Joke! So we walked through the grass parking lot and went to the other gait. No wait! YAY!!!

We bought season passes when the fair started, so this was the fourth time going out there. Two times we went with just my DH and I, and two times we took the kids. Tomorrow is the last day of the fair, but I think my husband and I are so tired that we may not venture out tomorrow.

We went last night and walked around in the manufactured homes, went to the "agtropolis" exhibit, saw the Percheron's(SP?), looked at the chickies hatching, saw the piglets, bees, spiders, cows, and saw a milking demonstration, witnessed an animal surgery, saw the clydesdales(my favorite breed) walked around in all of the other buildings, and caught a little bit of the wild west show, which sounds a little cheesy, but is pretty impressive. We got two pine trees to plant that the us forestry service gave us to replenish the native trees in the state. We played on the rainbow play systems, and talked to the gun range folks while the kids pet the taxidermied Grizzly bear, spanish ibex, desert wolf, and a big horn sheep. They told us that they have a program where they invite the visually impaired kids to come and feel the animals so that they can "see" what they look like. We thought that was really, really cool.

Still didn't figure out where they showed the chickens, or even IF they showed chickens....you would think they would at the state fair
idunno.gif

Today, my dd got to ride the ponies and we walked around the buildings (again) and I bought some sparkly star earrings. I tried out this pilot style computerized quilting machine that was really cool. We bought the kids over priced cartoon character inflatables at the end, that were all destroyed by the time we got home.

Now for the food!!! Over these four visits we have had gyro's, crepes, root beer jugs, roasted corn, cinnamon rolls, and Philly cheese steak. I had fried green tomatoes for the first time, and I wasn't terribly impressed with them, but a lady next to us said that they weren't the best ones that she had. We had a strawberry crepe, and a basket of home fries. hmmm we may go back again....just for the roasted corn, the cinnamon rolls that are to die for, and a gyro...or two.

Oh and we didn't ride the space needle yet......

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Grandma found...

1 white washed wood table & 4 chairs
1 lime green wood table & 2 chairs
2 wicker chairs, coffee table, lamp
1 quilt

g found...

4 wood chairs
1 pale yellow wood antique children's desk & chair
(*for 7 yr. old's room)
7 fall cookie cutters

2 charms--tradionally i gift the girls charms for their charm bracelets every valentines (7 yr. old got a mama kitty with baby kitten in her mouth and 2 year old got a blue ford tractor.)

1 doll camper to gift to 7 yr. old for Christmas with dolls included
1 car/pop-up camper with dolls included for Christmas gift for 2 year old
1 unopened pack of Littlest petshop toys winter scene to gift for Christmas to 7 yr. old (3 pets, tobaggon, and snowboard)

7 year old dd found...

10 gallon fish tank with lid-brand new
2 care bears (one talks-uh oh)
1 little people old time school w/working bell (joyful car ride)
1 patriotic rubber duck with a free pencil with a rubber duck topper thrown in
1 porcelian teddy in mask holding jack'o'lantern
4 Barbie's

2 year old dd found...

4 plastic figure care bears
1 little stuffed animal care bear
1 big tonka tractor with moving parts (seat can hold all 4 of her care bears)
1 lifeguard rubber duck with free pencil with a rubber duck topper thrown in
1 porcelian teddy dressed like a ghost
4 little girl Barbie's

They also found the waffle icecream cones...black cherry and strawberry cheesecake...mama had a pina colado slushy.

One guy gave them little wooden painted jack-o-lanterns...we weren't even standing by him or looking at his stuff. We were in the middle of a field and bumped into a friend from school with his 7 week old dd and I was oooing and cooing at her. So that was nice and unexpected.

Then on the way out...we were joking about the warty pumpkins this guys vegetable stand has and me and grandma are holding 2 year old's hands and she's doing the lift her legs and swing thing...

and this man like her our daddies age...goes up and holds my 7 yr. old's hand and walks along with us for a while. and we're like???what the hey? But then when he lets go you see he left a mini pumpkin in her hand.

so I was laughing and told her to say thank you...and then I said, "you forgot squirt" and motioned to my 2 year old so the wife came with a basket of them and let her pick one.

so again...completely unexpected and funny and really nice. what a goof. just for that...i'm gonna go buy that warty pumpkin and some cumbers.

oh and i caught myself a sunburn...everyone had to tease me about it too as I walked along.
"Next time put on some sun block..."
"ooh that's gonna hurt...."
"looks like you found yourself some chairs and a sunburn..."

me,
g

hey, i got some of those inflatables okie!!

ha ha!

no, not that kind, pp...they're dolphins...i told you that!

me,
g

DID YOU JUST HEAR THAT????

What was that? A firecracker or what? It was just one loud BOOM!

now all 3 dogs are in around my feet.

hmmm.

me,
g

Oh yeah,
So one of the radio stations is there and broadcasting live.

I've got the girls in the double stroller (it's that carraige thing you can pull behind your bike or use as an all terain kind of stroller.

So it's a man and a woman broadcasting and saying stuff as they see it. So here I go walking by and they start talking about the double stroller with the kids and he's saying he didn't think the lady dj could fit in it...and if she did...the kids would probably fight her....so I walked by and said, "or bite her."

we kept walking. A little later the girls want to get out and walk. They've passed too many toys they want to go inspect...Mommy's come across 4 wood chairs...I buy them and stick 2 in the stroller on top of each other and place 2 ON top of the stroller on top of each other.

Then Grandma and I decide it's time for lunch...lets go retrieve the teenagers who are running the tractors with trailers attached to get some of grandma's stuff and at least make a trip with what we can fit in my van to her house and go eat and come back for the rest...

So we are heading back to the main gate and the kids are walking ahead and to the side of me...mama's pushing the stroller with my chairs....

And here we are approaching the radio station van again and they start laughing and he says, "Here comes that double stroller, the kids have been kicked out and mom has 4 nice chairs piled in it."

The woman dj says, "way to go mom!"

I just laugh and keep going.

so we made the radio today...

me,
g

Last edited:
I know... I was quite pleased with myself.

The vendor was like, you can leave them here and come back and I'm thinking...no way....toddlers not gonna get a nap today as it is...I'm taking them now before she starts getting ugly.

moms know better.

me,
g

Yep when my group was younger....no way would I have ever left anything to "come back to pick up" would not have ever happened
roll.png

Sounds like everyone had a good time! We won't go to the Tulsa fair this year.....too darned expensive
roll.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom