Random Youtube rant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is terrible. The poor babies probably die within hours or days of being purchased, having not been properly cared for. I can't believe they just stuck them in a plastic bag like that. Makes me so sad... It's similar to the phenomenon of people buying Easter chicks for their children here, it's not right at all. Chickens should never be sold as if they're just lifeless toys...
sad.png
Poor babies.

I don't like seeing things like this either it just makes me lose sleep and try to think of ways to stop this.

I typed in cute baby chicks for my kids cause we are in chick blues over here waiting till it warms up to hatch any. This is what came up!
My kids didn't understand why I was saying OMG!

It just pisses me off people are so dumb that they think it is ok to put chicks in Plastic bags. That is just insane and to make matters worse Noone eles around saw this as wrong? UGH!

my question is how did they color them ?? i realy hope it not a bath full of dye??

Quote:
I'v heard 2 different ways to dye chicks. Some do it when they are in the shell by injecting food coloring into the embryo.
Another is just dying them with food color after they have hatched. I'v heard it is not harmless??? but I would never do it nor buy them like this.

They mostly do it for Easter but the video is just wrong. Throwing hem in plastic bags, the chicks aren't even under heat lamps, and the people buying them probably have no idea how to care for them!

I am most certainly not an animal rights/environmentalist person, but that is insane. The vid wouldn't play, but I got enough info from the comments. Do these people not realize chicks need HEAT LAMPS and special food, and that full-grown chickens need a COOP? I would bet 100 dollars that the instant that cute little chick stops being cute they toss it. It's like when people buy that adorable puppy, and then it grows up. A chicken, frankly, is an investment. If you aren't gonna spend the money to build or buy a coop, you probably shouldn't have chickens.

I KNOW I am generalizing, but I don't think that particular country has a lot of respect for animals in general. JMO....

Plastic bags!!!
somad.gif
everyone knows you don't use plastic bags!! The guy picking them up seemed to be handling them gently, which I was very glad to see. Problem is, sure, they're cute and colorful, but what are those people going to do with them when they get bigger??
barnie.gif

Eat them. They are most likely all boys, anyway.

Problem is, sure, they're cute and colorful, but what are those people going to do with them when they get bigger??

Despite what we may think, they are "just" livestock and food to a lot of people. Many (most?) people do not think of chickens the way that a lot of us do and they are disposable to many as well. Does not make it right, but it is true.​

If the chicks do survive, they'll most likely be eaten. Which is fine. But selling them in this manner is not right, and most of the buyers likely have no idea how to rear a chick to adulthood.

No matter what country, I have a huge issue with parents who buy baby animals as gifts for their children, especially around holidays. 9 times out of 10 the kid eventually looses interest and the animal then suffers for it -- or the proper methods of care are not researched.

I don't care if it's a chicken, puppy or a blooming gold fish, humans have a responsibility to do right by the other living creatures that share our planet -- a responsibility that is often shirked. Shame on them and everyone like them. Treating living animals like lifeless toys. Disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom