Randy Roo

ErikaSmit

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 27, 2011
Schererville, IN
So I have this light brahma rooster who is pretty big. He mounts, or tries to, pretty much any or all of them. But there is one hen who is probably always been the naughtiest one who he picks on the most. It's gotten to the point where he's pulling out huge amounts of feathers. She's missing almost all her neck feathers and a lot on her back too. Is this one of those, let nature take its course things? Or should he be removed?

that's his favorite, she takes it for the team!!!!!! i would seperate her for awhile if she's missing almost all her neck feathers.... i usually leave them alone if they're missing a few feathers... but it sounds like it's out of control..... seperate, let her heal up........ if it continues you might need a new rooster, one with a little more gentleness in the love department!!!!!! some roo's just like it ruff and need to be seperated or culled....

I'd leave her and separate him. If you want fertile eggs, conjugal visits every 3 or 4 days will provide fertile eggs. Hens come first.

Back
Top Bottom