Rant ... and what to do ?

Ol'FashionHen wrote:
NOw I want to so bad .. bad ... badly to go and get back all my chickens ( even Ms. broodie pants, no matter what, relentless Sophie) and bring them back home. I know I can not,

Quote:
I know ... I was just wondering if you all thought it would be worth any effort to share proper care of chickens with them, if they would indeed listen .... despite their "years of knowledge".​

Quote:
I have thought of this, but his friend is caring for them because he wants to keep a few of the hatched chicks from the flock for his grands-daughters, so he wants to care for them in the meanwhile, so my grandpa is not in a hurry to build his coop.
th.gif

Ol'FashionHen :

Ol'FashionHen wrote:
NOw I want to so bad .. bad ... badly to go and get back all my chickens ( even Ms. broodie pants, no matter what, relentless Sophie) and bring them back home. I know I can not,

Quote:
I know ... I was just wondering if you all thought it would be worth any effort to share proper care of chickens with them, if they would indeed listen .... despite their "years of knowledge".

See I suspect that's going to be a problem. They're sure they know all about chickens, and you may not be able to change that. Telling Grandpa his hunting buddy is wrong may not sit well either, and sneaking over to bust them out can possiably get you shot, if the buddy sees the "predator" breaking into his coop.​

Quote:
Quote:
I know ... I was just wondering if you all thought it would be worth any effort to share proper care of chickens with them, if they would indeed listen .... despite their "years of knowledge".

See I suspect that's going to be a problem. They're sure they know all about chickens, and you may not be able to change that. Telling Grandpa his hunting buddy is wrong may not sit well either, and sneaking over to bust them out can possiably get you shot, if the buddy sees the "predator" breaking into his coop.

It was a joke about the chicken-napping. I would NEVER do such a thing, just a joke. I suppose I should have used different words in my original post that plainly said do you think these old farts can get past their years and listen to what I have to say about proper chicken care. They probably will not, but I will drop off some info. anyway.

Thank you all for your advice and imput on the situation
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom