rant: At some point it's time to GROW UP!

Quote:
You were talking about renting movies. I tell you netflix has been our best friend! The kids get to pick out their movies and we get ours. It's a lot of fun. They know as soon as they watch their "kid" movie and return it they get another one. I make sure te next one in the que corresponds to what movie is returned. This way they don't hold onto them forever
tongue.png

I would also much rather order a pizza and bring it home then try to get everyone clean and in the car.
big_smile.png

That's exactly it.
I do not know her, her dh or her kids. They have been here to my home twice in 8 years. Once before the kids were born.
Her and I do not talk, email or IM. Nor do her dh and mine. We all used to work in the same building 9 years ago. That's it.

I have no problem watching any kids for a few hours. Heck I could take them to where I work and let them run wild for that time with us.
But that is for a few hours. Not overnight and most of the next day. Especially not when I previously told her that I have to be someplace the entire morning before. My days are LONG. I dont get to sleep til 7 and then get going like most of the acquaintances we have do. My dh, dd and I get up at 6 M-F He doesnt get home til after 8. Which means most nights dd doesnt go to bed til then. He and I are usually baked by 9. Weekends that I have events I am up at 6 after passing out at 12 the night before.

Seriously. If it were "Hey. We are trying out a new restaurant for lunch that is in your area. And were also thinking of seeing a movie. Could you watch the boys?"
I would gladly take them. Like I said I work at the "Farmland" and get a free pass. That place can keep ANY kid busy for hours on end.
But not an overnight. Especially since I dont know them, the kids dont know us. And not for the reason they are looking. Add that it seems like their family has had it with these requests? No. No NO.

Yeah. Larping.
roll.png
We had a bunch of dh larping "friends" at our wedding. That was a "fun" table to make the rounds at. I am just glad my dh has chosen his dd and I over a live action D&D game.

BTW- He does have "his" thing. He bought himself an XBox for Christmas and will sometimes go to movies(horror) for his "down time"
I have the horse( weekends only without the kid tagging along) and someday will have the Camaro.

Back
Top Bottom