Rant: Dumping of animals!

I'm so sorry to hear about the lab.
luvmychicks "Seems the worthless can sniff out an animal lover a mile away and know just where to dump them. *sigh*"
When I was at my vets with another stray that needed medical care I asked him "why do they always seemed to end up at my place?" He told me that he had been a vet for many years and that it was always the same small group of people that brought strays in.
His thoughts were that as a sick or scared animal moved through a new neighborhood that they could sense which properties were safe to stay on. He couldn't explain how they knew who would take care of them, but he knew they did. He said it was the only explanation that he could come up with because it was always the same people bringing in strays to him.
He was my favorite vet. He knew which animals were mine and I got charged for vet visits for them. But anytime I brought a stray in he would only charge me what the medicine cost him. He also taught me how to do a lot of things on my own.
So, in a way I guess you should feel good about these animals trusting you to do what is right for them.
But it is still rotten of people to assume someone else will take care of their animals.

Quote:
You know, that is an interesting theory. My dog, Taffy, was a stray. When I got her I was putting gas in my car and she came to me whining. She was almost starved to death and pregnant. I went in and asked about her. She had been at the station for almost a week, yet she KNEW to come to ME. I re-homed her babies and she has been our precious little sweetheart for almost 3 years now. I was planning to find a home for her, too, but when I dropped her off to be spayed she looked at me so hurt, like she trusted me not to leave her and I was betraying that trust. That made my decision for me.
smile.png
I guess they do know somehow.
smile.png

His thoughts were that as a sick or scared animal moved through a new neighborhood that they could sense which properties were safe to stay on. He couldn't explain how they knew who would take care of them, but he knew they did. He said it was the only explanation that he could come up with because it was always the same people bringing in strays to him.

That is very sweet. I too, took in a pregnant cat back in 2005. She showed up about 2 weeks after my golden retreiver passed away. I feel that the cat is a reincarnation of my dog. She acts just like her, and has the same personality. Plus, she wasnt even phased by my min pin, who we got 9 months before she passed away.​

Who would dump cats?.......The same people who come down here to dump entire litters of kittens right next to the high way. Or how about the person who ties them up in a bag and pitches them out the window while they're going 60 mph.
somad.gif
We too have rescued countless kittens around here. 1 (the one that survived the bag/window incident) has a screwed up back. She has the single sweetest personality I have ever met. We kept her and one other kitten (diferent litter). The other 5 or 6 were rehomed and spayed. People need to learn to take care of animals or stop breeding them.

I just picked up a lil pup on the side of the road 2 days ago, I had to beg the husband to keep him lol It was sad b/c the lil guy(who we call Chevy) had a sibling that had been run over already, sweetest pup ever! He is at the vet being neuterd, I also have another dog I named Jake who I found at the shelter, he was sick and about to die so I took him home; I wanted a some-what healthy pup from the shelter, but I couldn't leave Jake sitting there to die. It cost me a leg and an arm to bring him back, but he is very sweet and loyal now, shy and sometimes skiddish but he's my baby lol! I hate to see people throw out animals, it makes me so mad that people spend $$$ on pets when there are millions of other pets who need love too!!!

Sadly we get a lot of dumpings where I live. We are on a major highway and just north of a major city. A few years ago the no kill shelters decided to stop taking in animals because they were full. Then they decided you have to pay them to take an animal in. Something like $50. And when I called they were extremely rude - even though I wasn't a person who had dumped or was getting rid of a beloved family pet. So we try to deal with what we can of the dogs and cats that come our way. Some we are able to find homes, others blend into the barn cat population here. I do have one small city near me that will take dogs into their regular shelter and hold them longer than most before they put them down. Still others we find flattened on the highway or pieces of them in the pasture after the wild hogs get hold of them. All in all it is a real disgusting afair. I think my husband and I have fixed over 100 cats in the past few years and still have more to go.

Another pic of the Orange and White ones
4439_cat_pictures_004.jpg

The white one (I'm calling him Casper, shh my little sister wanted to name him
tongue.png
.)
4439_cat_pictures_010.jpg

( yes my little sister is holding his head, I was trying to get a pic of his eyes)

happens all the time by our house to! we live out int he middle of no where and we dont really have an animal shelter in our county so people throw stuff off out here like its no big deal. we stopped to pick up two kittens one time and ended up with 6!! after awhile i did find them homes. but there are still plenty of dogs and other cats i have seen around! if i could afford it i would take them all in

Quote:
My mother has them dumped at her house just like I do at mine. One day she was at the creek below her house and saw a mother cat and a couple of kittens. Started loading them up and ended up with 11!!!!!
th.gif
I have some of those girls now and they are the most spoiled rotten cats on the planet!!!

Back
Top Bottom