* RANT WARNING: Of Moving and Men!!

d.k

red-headed stepchild
11 Years
Feb 6, 2008
Southeast Coast of Florida
* Moving makes me crazy, so do men. Put the two together and it's a wonder that I'm not homocidal. Our R.E. agent is worried about "the impression" that Miss Chook makes to buyers -- and he told me he "took the liberty of calling the Wildlife Rescue 'for me' and they said they'd take her." SMACK! and DOUBLE SMACK!! Meanwhile, my DH is making a point of using ALL DAY of every day he has open that we need for clearing, cleaning, sorting and packing for doing the repairs I haVe asked for for years & forever **NOW** just when we least need them. . . .and each "small project" is mysteriously turning into an all day job!! ADD to that my oldest, who is anxious about all this and calls 4-5 times a day to ask me things like, "Have you heard this or that guy on the radio?? What is he talking about?? Are you busy?? Can you to me awhile- I'm bored at work." MEANWHILE, guess who's TRYING to get a whole 4-bdrm house we've lived in for 15 years empty in 18 days???? ((Help me!))

Last edited:
That is too stupid. I went through the same thing owning ferrets. One potential buyer would not come into the house when she found out they were inside. She said they were rats. One was a fraid of birds etc.......... My house was cleaner than almost anybody I knew! Sterile!
We were lucky enough to be able to move our animals out eventually. I am convinced that
So many people hate animals it's worth your while to get them boarded or hide them away somehow. It is a tough market right now

* See, that's just it-- Chook IS 'tucked away' already in her little spot out the back door. Most of the time, unless she wanders, nobody even knows she's there unless I point her out. . . And my 7O lb. DOG and 12 lb. CAT are "no problem". It's just 'chicken discrimination' as someone called it-- but, on top of all the rest, it's really getting to me right now.

Last edited:
Keep a stiff upper lip- I went through %&^##@ and it took 10 months to sell our house even though it was a great house and updated. You're up against allot of foreclosures which are going cheap. I feel for you-believe me!

* LOl!! My house IS one of the foreclosures-- but not due to an A.R.M.. My insurance went from $395 a year when we bought to $3,56O after Wilma. . . then my husband was disabled 2-1/2 mths and at 2O hours a week for almost another 4 more. . . Then, the economy tanked and his work is economy sensitive. It adds up. . . .

Oh- I am soooo! sorry! Allot of my family is going through the same thing. I really feel for you.
Wish I could stop all this-Why are we all so complaisant about this? I'm sick of hearing about
people suffering for no good reason. I just don,t know what to do.

hugs.gif
I feel for ya!
hugs.gif

Skip hasn't been able to work since our wreck in February. He's collecting disability which isn't half of what he was making. So, last week he gets a termination notice from a job that is supposed to still be his, when he gets back and the weeks "mailbox money" doesn't arrive.
he.gif

First thing I did was call the family out in AR to find out just how soon they could help us get moved out there. Talk about a panic attack!!! We will be moving to the family farm in a year or two, and I'm ready for that...to make that move in 2 weeks is the stuff nightmares are made of!

Luckily, he went to his work place on Thursday and he'll be going back to work, in the office instead of cabinet building, for the time being...whew!!!

My Mom's house in Jersey had been on the market for atleast 5 years...they just finally sold it last month.

Hang in there!!!

Dawn

Back
Top Bottom