FourteenChicks

Songster
5 Years
Mar 8, 2014
Playing with my labrador puppy!
Here's my rant for the week/month
Where's yours?
On the 13th of September
Dudley passed away. He was the cutest rooster I've had even though I've only had three. He was so nice and when he died all mum said was 'he's dead give me a glove'
He died protecting my girls from the rain and the wind.
Mum got me excited because I thought I could get another rooster off my cousin who I got them o ff but she only has a mean black one and I already have a black hen. I was excited because I could've gotten chicks but now I can't. I haven't even had the chance to cry because I have to do so much at home. I know they are my animals and I wanted them but I would be nice of I got some help once in a blue moon. I'm the youngest in my family and in seven days I will be fifteen my dad wants me to get a job straightaway but I don't want to because I will have no time for my animals. I understand that they want me to get money but my older sister didnt have to get a job until recently and she has no jobs to do at home even though she wants the dogs. All she has to do is walk and feed them but every night I end up taking over because she doesn't do it or 'forgets' to feed our old dog because he is too annoying.
I think I'm done now because my eyes are so blurry I can't see

EDITED TO ADD: I didn't even get to bury him. He was chucked into a box and taken to the tip

Last edited:
Condolences on the loss of your rooster. Unfortunately, loss is something almost all animal caregivers go through. Try to take some comfort in knowing he was cared about and lived a good life taking care of his ladies.

I'm sorry about Dudley. I know how hard it is to lose a good rooster. It doesn't hurt to get your feelings out with a bit of ranting.

I hope eventually you will enjoy being with the chickens again. I find the funny things they do lift my mood.

Back
Top Bottom