Rapanui Fowl: Ponape Thread

Absolutely! From my understanding the Saudeleur Ponape was what was kept by important people on the island and the gold extended black morph was the most prized. This is logical seeing as how it takes a more advanced knowledge of breeding to maintain gold cocks because it is a heterozygous trait.

Some of my more Saudeleur type males:
TwoMales.jpg

Ponape_Gold8.JPG
IMG_9369.JPG

Three Different Cockerels that are more Saudeleur type
IMG_E5459.JPG
IMG_5602.JPG

IMG_E5482.JPG

Oh that left bird in the first pic is stunning. And the male in that pic looks a lot like my mixes too, just a different tail.
Absolutely! From my understanding the Saudeleur Ponape was what was kept by important people on the island and the gold extended black morph was the most prized. This is logical seeing as how it takes a more advanced knowledge of breeding to maintain gold cocks because it is a heterozygous trait.

Some of my more Saudeleur type males:
View attachment 3369282
View attachment 3369280View attachment 3369281
Three Different Cockerels that are more Saudeleur type
View attachment 3369191View attachment 3369187
View attachment 3369190
I fricking love these guys. They're just so pretty. These are the pale laying ones right? Or the ones that can lay a few different colors?

Oh that left bird in the first pic is stunning. And the male in that pic looks a lot like my mixes too, just a different tail.

I fricking love these guys. They're just so pretty. These are the pale laying ones right? Or the ones that can lay a few different colors?
These ones lay white and cream. I believe there are some Ponape lines that lay different colors like blue but I don't have any that do.

Back
Top Bottom