Baraboo, Wisconsin
Dominique? About 3 weeks old.

Attachments

• 9F400D91-76B3-408B-A1D8-144A98898862.jpeg
    9F400D91-76B3-408B-A1D8-144A98898862.jpeg
    934.1 KB · Views: 171
Dominique? About 3 weeks old.

Not if that's a straight comb. :pop

Blue something maybe? Besides, Dominique isn't rare or included on the list of possibilities, taken from their website. My guess is going to be sapphire olive egger, or prairie bluebell egger based on what I can see so far. :)

Hoover's list of stated assortment..
"Breeds that could be included in this assortment: Partridge Plymouth Rock,Midnight Majesty Marans, Sapphire Olive Egger, Speckled Sussex, Blue Andalusian, Silver Lakenvelder, Cuckoo Marans, French Black Copper Marans, French Cuckoo Marans, French Wheaten Marans, Welsummer, Barnvelder, Prairie Bluebell Egger, Starlight Green Egger, Olive Egger, Salmon Faverolle, Cochin, Turkens, Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, Columbian Wyandotte, Light Brahma, Buff Brahma, Dark Brahma, Lavender Orpington"

Not if that's a straight comb. :pop

Blue something maybe? Besides, Dominique isn't rare or included on the list of possibilities, taken from their website. My guess is going to be sapphire olive egger, or prairie bluebell egger based on what I can see so far. :)

Hoover's list of stated assortment..
"Breeds that could be included in this assortment: Partridge Plymouth Rock,Midnight Majesty Marans, Sapphire Olive Egger, Speckled Sussex, Blue Andalusian, Silver Lakenvelder, Cuckoo Marans, French Black Copper Marans, French Cuckoo Marans, French Wheaten Marans, Welsummer, Barnvelder, Prairie Bluebell Egger, Starlight Green Egger, Olive Egger, Salmon Faverolle, Cochin, Turkens, Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, Columbian Wyandotte, Light Brahma, Buff Brahma, Dark Brahma, Lavender Orpington"
I agree, it’s a blue something, LOL!

I haven't hatched/raised a blue anything, so correct me if I am wrong, but a white spot on the top of the head indicated barred feathers in an adult when I have cross bred barred genes in chickens. So one of the two types of cuckoo marans are also possible.
The Sapphire Olive egger in this pic from their site look like it has a dot on it's head to me... The leg color doesn't match though with the OP. :)
Sapphire%20Olive%20Egger%20-%20%20Identify%20My%20Chick.jpg

Yet the hens are not cuckoo or barred at all..
Sapphire%20Olive%20Egger.jpg

Looking at those chicks I never would have guessed them to be crested.. but it must be similar to the Swedish Flower and grow in later or maybe just less pronounced then Silkie or Polish type crest. :caf (My version of a hmm thinking cap smiley face)

I would say the skin color be wrong for cuckoo Marans as it should be white.. but when I looked at chick pics of my black copper they do look yellowish.. as well do the cuckoo Marans chick pick at Hoover's. So maybe! Too bad none of the cuckoo Marans have feathered legs. Looks like they have both standards.

I do see what appears to be cuckoo that ya'll are talking about in the pic!

Fun to watch them grow up and see their plumage change.

I love a good mystery! :pop

Back
Top Bottom