Rare Breed/ standared 10 pack any guesses ?? :)

Magicque

Songster
5 Years
Jun 17, 2017
Newport wa.
20200403_120816.jpg
20200403_132841.jpg
:jumpy

Attachments

• 20200403_132841.jpg
    20200403_132841.jpg
    666.1 KB · Views: 1
Cute chicks!!

at this age, many chicks look similar. However, have only the standard 4 toes, so that rules out some breeds. They do not have featherd legs, so they rulrs out other breeds!

It’s possible that some could be the egg laying crosses that produce colored eggs, such as Easter Egger. However, the black chicks look like Black Australorp or Black Jersey Giant -they look very similar, but the BA has pink/ flesh colored feet bottoms, while the BJG will have yellow feet bottoms. The grey chicks are a lavender variety, I think but not sure which breed. The light yellow chicks could be a number of breeds: buff orpington, white Rock, leghorn, etc.

You can wait for feathering to get underway and ask again in about 4 weeks. Or you can call the store to see where their chicks came from, and what breeds they had in that week. They are clearly only a couple of days old in pics bc I see egg tooth on some of them, and only a few wing feathers starting. Best to speak with the person that manages the chicks and chick orders.

good luck!

Rare Breed/ standared 10 pack any guesses ?? :)

Did you buy them in the store, or order them online?

If you ordered online, I'm guessing you got these:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...tandard-package-chickens-10-count-baby-chicks

That page has a list of possible breeds for the "rare" chicks and for the "standard" chicks in the assortment. That set also comes from Hoover's Hatchery, that has this useful page to help identify chicks:
https://hoovershatchery.com/id-my-chick.html

If you picked them out of a bin at Tractor Supply, then there are a lot more breed options--but the chick id page can still be helpful.

They are cute chicks, and I pretty much agree with Acre4Me about what they're likely to be.

Cute chicks!!

at this age, many chicks look similar. However, have only the standard 4 toes, so that rules out some breeds. They do not have featherd legs, so they rulrs out other breeds!

It’s possible that some could be the egg laying crosses that produce colored eggs, such as Easter Egger. However, the black chicks look like Black Australorp or Black Jersey Giant -they look very similar, but the BA has pink/ flesh colored feet bottoms, while the BJG will have yellow feet bottoms. The grey chicks are a lavender variety, I think but not sure which breed. The light yellow chicks could be a number of breeds: buff orpington, white Rock, leghorn, etc.

You can wait for feathering to get underway and ask again in about 4 weeks. Or you can call the store to see where their chicks came from, and what breeds they had in that week. They are clearly only a couple of days old in pics bc I see egg tooth on some of them, and only a few wing feathers starting. Best to speak with the person that manages the chicks and chick orders.

good luck!
Thank you for your input ! I did give

Thank you for your input!! I did call the hatchery.... they had zero answers !... :( guess I'll have to ask agian in a few weeks :)

Did you buy them in the store, or order them online?

If you ordered online, I'm guessing you got these:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...tandard-package-chickens-10-count-baby-chicks

That page has a list of possible breeds for the "rare" chicks and for the "standard" chicks in the assortment. That set also comes from Hoover's Hatchery, that has this useful page to help identify chicks:
https://hoovershatchery.com/id-my-chick.html

If you picked them out of a bin at Tractor Supply, then there are a lot more breed options--but the chick id page can still be helpful.

They are cute chicks, and I pretty much agree with Acre4Me about what they're likely to be.

I ordered them on line yes Hoover hatchery:)

Back
Top Bottom